If you were to build a hi-fi room

My place has the same but with the floor as well :joy:ā€¦ I think it was build prior to the invention of the spirit level! I think the description was ā€˜charming heritage cottageā€™

Ok, understand now. But donā€™t know all these bands unfortunately.

Apart from the seating and the color of the sidewall diffusers, I like the room visually, at least looking at the pictures. But tastes are different and thatā€™s fine by me.
I think the elements behind the speakers are absorbers, though, the room would be too lively otherwise.

Possibly pentagonal, symmetrical side to side though not a regular pentagon, and I would want to look more deeply into flush mounted speakers to completely avoid any comb filtering from wall behind the speakers. I started a thread a thread on here discussing flush mounted speakers (in professional systems commonly called ā€œsoffit mountedā€).

I did start trying to design such a thing, though it was complicated by needing also to be a cinema room. Cost of the whole project (i.e including rest of house) made me abandon (though a decent lottery win would resurrect!) I then started considering modifying a rectangular room - effectively building a room within a room, but for the time being shelved.

Search Mastodon, FR. You wonā€™t get much with Masterdon.

Their album Leviathan is pretty good.

3 Likes

So does my 2002 house :slight_smile:

Close :slight_smile: Itā€™s Mastodon

1 Like

Like this Mike? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We had a refurbishment on our property five years ago. I turned one of the rooms into a music room. No weird angles, it a rectangle about 5.5m x 4m. I had all walls, floor and ceiling isolated with various sound treatments, so essentially I have a room in a room. The biggest challenge was the door which is 15 cm thick and has various treatments inside to stop the sound getting out. The room is pretty much air tight so I had to put a fresh air system in to pump air into the room. I can play music at any time of day or night without upsetting anyone here, or any of the neigbours - which is why I went to all the trouble. There are some fantastic spaces on this forum, but as you can see in my pic above it doesnā€™t have to be high architecture and art or stop you having fun and having a great space to enjoy your music in. Cheers Pete

5 Likes

:grinning: :+1:

Good luck with the build, would be great to see pictures of this when its completed

I can send pics of a muddy field with nothing on it right now :grinning:

Just tried to listen to some tracks on ITunes. My god ! 2 seconds is already too much :joy:

1 Like

For those interested, there is a review in the latest Darko audio site.
ā€œ from room to roamā€¦.ā€
Darko explains what he has done for his room and why.

2 Likes

The room I would like to hear a system in is Lintonā€™s , he doesnā€™t say if he has all the treatments etc, it just looks like a room to listen to music in. I have said this before so hope this doesnā€™t embarrass him.

However some rooms with all the features and all the gear leave me cold.

Is there is a difference between a warm cosy music room with perhaps access to nice wine and a dedicated audio room solely designed to make your audio sound good ?

These two requirements do not have to be mutually exclusive. Its quite easy to make a dedicated room cosy and relaxing.

1 Like

And you can drink nice wine in any room!

A before and after sounds good, as long as it includes the mountain view ;o)

Think of opera houses. They get both the acoustics and the aesthetics right.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.