iMac, Roon, Atom - not good

I agree that Bluetooth is not great from a SQ point of view, but it was all I could get working. I will investigate further and will hopefully make progress.

I know nothing of this RAAT that you speak of, but I will investigate.

Thanks,

Art Pepper, yes he is rather good. Careful though, we’ll get in trouble for being in the wrong roon, sorry room. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Roons Advanced Audio Transport its how Roon sends its streams to devices that are Roon Ready such as the Atom.

1 Like

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

I have somehow, by mistake, managed to get Chromecast to work, and now, well now it sings and sings!! I just wanna dance to the music. Amazing. Those drums!!

This image shows two Atom sources, the top one is I don’t know what but was the root of my problems, but the lower one is transmitting on Chromecast and it is amazing!

I could not have done it without you CrystalGipsy, thanks for persevering with me!

Roon should also be grateful as I will probably sign up now!

Hmmm the top one is Roons native transport and should be at the least equal. Out of interest what firmware are you running on the Atom?

2.6.1 (9794), which the app says is up to date.

the sound I am getting from the Chromecast is everything I want, I can tell almost from the first note. Very happy bunny.

Tony

1 Like

RAAT is simply the proprietry transport software that is used to send audio from the Roon core to the Roon compatible streamers such as a ND555, NDX2 or ND5XS2… there is no intermediary such as Airplay or Bluetooth or Chromecast, so there is no loss of data, information or sound quality.

1 Like

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.