Impedance spec Atom HP output

Yes, but if nobody posted you’d keep saying ‘good morning’ until someone caved in.

You’re kidding me right? I bumped the thread. Not all members are on 24/7. Appearantly you are. I Hoped someone that didn’t see it before, would see it.

I asked a question. You don’t know the answer. You suggested e-mail. Thank you! Are we done now or do you have more posts not answering the question? Again, thank you so much for your enthusiastic welcome into this fantastic supporting community of enthusiasts. I super duper appriciate it.

2 Likes

I sincerely hope you find the answer to your query.
I’m afraid I can’t answer the question either but to some others on the forum, remember, manners cost nothing.

2 Likes

I don’t know the answer about the impedance, but the HE is regonised as being a much better headphone amp than the output on the regular Atom.

Note the the Atom HE only has headphone outputs and a pre-amp output, so if you are connecting speakers to it, you need active speakers or an additional power amp to power regular speakers.

Welcome to the Forum and sorry you had a poor welcome from others who should know better.

2 Likes

Thank you. I appriciate it. I got the Atom to power a 2.1 ch in my office. Love it. Debated the HE a lot. Tried to find a NAC 100 to power my 707s but it’s a desktop. Wow… A Nova with an amp and headphone section…

Anyway, I got a Matrix Audio Mini-i 3 Pro to run my HPs and be more mobile. It has a kind of high impedance. I’ve been comparing the two, I just want to know what I’m comparing to. I really dig my Atom setup, just trying to get the most out of my headphones.

All I know is Naim talks up the seperate HP section in the Nait 3. They say the Atom comes from that. I’ve asked a couple dealers, they couldn’t say what that meant. (similar/same) It seems well understood the HE is a streaming HPA and it is highly regarded for just that by many.

3 Likes

Assuming your 707s2’s are the B&W’s, try the HE&naim nap 250 with it. They are lovely little loudspeakers which grow to giants when driven by a good power amp!

Thank you. I don’t doubt you at all. They are indeed very good speakers that seem to out perform their size. Atom is a little borderline. However, it was about a good desktop office system and not the ultimate listening room. There are others in the house I need to keep happy. That is why I wanted to put money into a good headphone set up. A NAC 250 is definitely not in the budget right now, but maybe in the future… :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.