Importance of DAC versus streaming transport

Ha Ha , I knew I would word it wrong, and you would correct me Simon, thanks.:grinning:

No worries :grinning:
I just wouldn’t want anyone to assume they did something they don’t possibly having read some over exuberant advertising,
Ferrite clamps are a common EMC control, but typically at each or one end of the cable.

I think the op has a Sonos connect which does not support hires. The replacement product the Sonos port does. I have both products.

1 Like

It only supports up to 48/24 natively so not fully hires compatible.

That seems like an odd choice, given that most hires material is released in 24/96 or 24/192. Apart from some (but not all) Qobuz streams, I can’t see it helping many people to access their hires music libraries in any useful way.

See my findings with a ND5XS2 transport here:
https://community.naimaudio.com/t/nd5xs2-ndac-home-demo-findings/12086/2

1 Like

Thanks. Good to know. I guess it makes sense otherwise Naim would probably have a separate network bridge/ DAC combo instead of seemingly pulling out of the DAC only market. I’ll have to look for improvements elsewhere then, first off for me will be to try relocate my speakers followed by a bit of Roon room correction whilst waiting for a 272 successor to arrive.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.