Importance of Streaming Transport Quality?

Forgive me sir, I guess I mistakenly thought a British room is a proper term for a model room conversation with you on this British forum. My deepest apologies kind sir
Edit: bad spelling

Thanks.
I learned something, Ā« by Jove old man Ā».
In Tintin comics, the captain was saying Ā« Nom dā€™une pipe! Ā« .

I understood it was a joke.

1 Like

I found it was a sentence from Black and Mortimer.

Simon didnā€™t since it wasnā€™t a British joke :smiley:

1 Like

Itā€™s not a British forum, but British based. You can meet members from Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, US, Canada, ā€¦.but maybe not from Alaska or Gobi Desert.

1 Like

This picture is a good way to understand the cultural differences in language :

IMG_3032

5 Likes

Youā€™re preaching to the choir. Iā€™m not the one who warned about being mindful and tempered in posts, since this is a British forum. Simon did that.

I couldnā€™t care less my dear sir

Why, who does finish all the sentences with Ā« dear sir Ā« ?

1 Like

You have a problem with that kind sir?

No at all, your Majesty.

1 Like

On the contrary my liege, Iā€™m no majesty

1 Like

Thatā€™s a very fair point. One must have an adequate source. In my earlier hi-fi days, before I started work, money was naturally very tight. These were the days before digital and adequately performing turntables werenā€™t cheap. So that left comparatively little for the amp and speakers. So even putting aside any ā€˜source firstā€™ philosophy - and I admit I was completely under the Linn spell - one more or less ended up with a ā€˜source firstā€™ system anyway!

I do recall when I had an LP12 and it went to my dealer for servicing they loaned me a Dual CS505 so I wouldnā€™t be without music, which for anyone who doesnā€™t remember or wasnā€™t around then, was a very basic entry-level deck. I rather snootily thought I would have to slum it for week with this until I got my LP12 back. This was before my Naim days - I had an A&R Cambridge A60 amp and KEF Coda II speakers. I was actually shocked at how good the Dual sounded. So much so that I really started to question whether I really needed my LP12 after all. But being young, inexperienced and impressionable I was sucked completely into the Linn flat-earth philosophy.

I do recall as well the furore it caused in the mags at the time when some reviewers dared to suggest that there were viable alternatives to the LP12. That I think was the beginning of the decline for Linn - and Naim as well for a while. Then there was the fall-out between Linn and Naim. Strange and uncertain times, when reviewers who had previously worhipped at the church of Linn and Naim were now putting together strange systems comprising Townsend Rock turntables, Krell, Audiolab or DNM amps and even A&R Canbridge bookshelf speakers, which one eminent reviewer used in place of his previous Isobariks and apparently preferred! Very confusing indeed.

Sorry for the diversion. Anything excuse to discuss the old days. Iā€™ll get my hat and coatā€¦

3 Likes

The mocking tone suggests some specific humour that so far I have not pinpointed.

What on earth are you sayingā€¦ not sure what language that is supposed to be, but sure is confusing to follow given that you said you donā€™t speak English well. Perhaps stick to easy straightforward English? Of course unless you are British and taking the p*ss which I suspect is highly likely.

If you want to speak ā€˜black adderā€™ perhaps start another thread in the lounge? I am sure the diversity would be appreciated by those who enjoy black adder. I am more a Young Ones fan !
BTW politeness is about respect not parodying some old sitcom , which could be insulting to someā€¦

3 Likes

Noted, thanks. It is good to know for when the time comes to replace my MM, though highly unlikely to include Phoenix, (I did see in a previous post of yours, but at the time was distracted). When you say considerable, can you put som context to that? I presume absolutely nothing on the scale of Dave compared to Hugo, but can you give any sort of analogy? I recall you found a big difference between Hugo 2 and TT2,. How would you compare it to that? I havenā€™t heard those two, but did compare Hugo 1 vs TT1, and found the difference quite subtle - whereas Dave was in a completely different league.

1 Like

I think itā€™s a case of some trying to be funny and failing miserably ā€¦ itā€™s fast becoming close to hitting the ignore buttonā€¦ you give some slack or others taking advantage of people not having a great command of English ā€¦ either way itā€™s thrown back in peoples facesā€¦ absolutely appalling, disrespectful and rude. Perhaps that is how some behave elsewhereā€¦.
To be honest I have noticed this trait before, not just hereā€¦

Anyway back to topicā€¦ā€¦ the importance of the digital streamer is to produce a serialised stream with clock stability. Clock instability creates noise energy that can couple into connecting components.

2 Likes

Iā€™m extremely sorry for offending you in any way dear sir. I also apologize for my simple English. Please accept my apologies kind sir.

Sorry for not using British humour kind sir.