In praise of humble PMC 20.21

I have not tried those … I have been tempted… I am currently finishing a set of Linn Kans in super strong well damped cabinets - with remote crossovers…the cabinets each weigh around 10kg…and are super dead. I am a bit of a rocker at heart … and I loved the original Kans… but felt the original cabinet did the fundamental design no favours. I am hoping my kans will go back tighter against wall (than PMC) and have better control in the bass (as it is an infinite baffle speaker) time will tell … they will have an uphill struggle to replace the mighty 20.21.

Wrong word used, both are misused frequently, even on websites you can see both those under same category. Stand-mount is what i meant, and my current ones are also stand-mounts sitting on their dedicated stands, which are not high end, but are definitely very solid ones, which I guess would be more than proper for the smaller cabinet of the pmc´s.

If I can put those at say 20cm I will gain lots of space currently used solely by speakers.

Thanks all for your comments!

Let us know how you get on…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.