Info on Chord Signature Cable

Just purchased a second hand Chord Signature Digital Coaxial RCA to BNC cable.
It is the Red Dual cable one and is quite a few years old.

I have noticed the center pin in the RCA plug has slight play/movement in it.
Is this normal with this particular cable or should I return as faulty?.

I would contact Chord direct. I’ve dealt with them in the past a couple of times and they’ve got back to me very quickly.

1 Like

Yes, contact, Chord. They will probably repair it for you.

1 Like

It has been a long time since I used this cable - IIRC we had one at the factory for evaluation back when it was introduced. A cable that was difficult to forget thanks to its unusual dual cable run construction. Best ask The Chord Company what they think.

1 Like

mine had a bit of play in it i think mainly down to the fact that the rcs plug has no solid outer, just heat shrink

1 Like

Thank you all for your replies.
I have contacted chord and was told that yes they are known to have slight movement in the center pin and so long as there are no issues, its nothing to be concerned about.
I should have known about certain normal “wobbly bits” being a naim owner :wink:

their cost of replacing any plug is Very costly at chord

1 Like

Ok that’s interesting.
Seems like you have had quite an expensive experience with a plug replacement from chord.
Can you elaborate?
Have always thought the expense would be more the cabling than a plug

ÂŁ140 to fit two 4mm plugs on signature speaker cable, they wanted ÂŁ80 to bnc onto their digital cable plus post/packaging

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.