Innuos 2.0.9

2.0.9 installed fine, hoping 2.1 with Tidal Unfolding follows soon, from their beta group it was mentioned they are in the final Tidal approval phases

I took screenshots of the plugin configuration settings before upgrading to 2.0.9.

After re-enabling the ā€˜UPnP/DLNA bridgeā€™ plugin (under settings / plugins) and restarting LMS and the server it all works fine. The plugin configuration settings were the same after re-enabling the plugin so I assume they are retained across upgrades.

A new version of the Sense app is also available (1.0.4)

Hi delta,

How do I go about reinstating the plug-in? Nuno did it online for me after I had problems with my old Zen mini, so I have no idea how to do it. Clearly Innuos support donā€™t want to set up everyone who wants to use LMS plugin individually. Do you have the configuration you could let me have? I use my ND5XS2 and Muso Gen 1. I am reasonably computer literate but have never seen the instructions for the LMS plugin.

Cheers, Ian

Hi Ian,

Find out the IP address of your Zen by going to the Server screen in the Innuos Sense app. Then in a web browser go to http://zenipaddress:9000/default (replacing zenipaddress with the actual IP address - itā€™s likely to be of the form 192.168.123.123)

That will open Logitech Media Server (LMS). Click on Settings in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen, then click on the Plugins tab. There are two tables on that page showing Active plugins and Inactive plugins. Scroll down and look for ā€˜UPnp/DLNA bridgeā€™ under Inactive plugins. Click the Enable checkbox next to it, then click on Apply in the bottom right.

It will ask you to restart LMS, so go ahead and do that.

You then have to restart your Zen.

It all worked for me after doing that. I do have some screenshots but you shouldnā€™t need to make any changes other than enabling the plugin.

Let me know how you get on.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly what I did: worked fine. There may be some other little tweaks that Innuos put in their instruction sheet, but Iā€™ve not run into any problems having only enabled the bridge as delta describes.

Updated, no problems.

Does anyone know if there are any plans to change the search function to include genre.

The first thing I decide when starting to listen is if I want chamber music, orchestral music, jazz, rock, opera etc.

So I am still using iPeng.

Thereā€™s already a filter for that but it relies on your music being tagged correctly

Ok, I have just tried that.

If I filter for Jazz I get a list of 425 albums in a completely random order.

On iPeng I would first get a list of artists in alphabetical order and when I click on an artist I get a list of their albums listed in recording date order.

If I filter for chamber music I get another random list of 246 albums.

On iPeng I would get an alphabetical list of composers and when when I click on one a list of albums ordered by date of composition.

Unless I am missing something, which is perfectly possible, I will be staying with iPeng.

On my system itā€™s not random but in alphabetical order either by Album name or Artist (selectable)ā€¦ Itā€™s certainly not perfect yet: Artists are displayed in order of first name, for example, and their works are not clustered.

You can make and see other usersā€™ feature requests on the Innuos website.

Fortunately the search function works quite well for specific choices and, most importantly, the sound quality is very good with Sense. I have abandoned Roonā€¦.

Thanks, delta, the reactivation worked with your instructions. All sounds good on the ND5XS2 and the Muso.

Ian

The thing youā€™ll be missing is the significant jump in sound quality between using iPeng and using Sense.

I have just tried a comparison and I canā€™t hear a difference.
What I do much prefer is the logical way my music collection is presented on iPeng with, for example, artistā€™s music displayed in chronological order.

I think the general consensus is that there is a difference and quite a significant one. Numerous posts on here and other places to that effect but if you canā€™t hear it then you either want to explore why youā€™re not getting a significant uplift in sound quality for free or you donā€™t.

Iā€™ve seen you post previously about your search preferences. I honestly couldnā€™t see what the criticism was really. I can search by artist or album. As long as theyā€™re all there to browse in the results then I canā€™t really see the detriment. Youā€™ve paid for an app which allows you to presumably find music in a way thatā€™s easier for you but at the trade off of inferior sound quality. If you canā€™t hear that or arenā€™t interested in why you canā€™t hear that then fair enough. Each to their own I guess, but I always thought the end product was musical pleasure not a focus on the minutiae of search.

Yes, I have read the posts regarding sound improvements but Iā€™m afraid I just donā€™t hear them.

I am not in the least bit interested in exploring why this might be, both sound superb to me, my days of tweaking are long gone. If nothing breaks my hi fi journey is at an end.

As for why I prefer iPeng, I generally do not search by artist or album title, I first decide genre, and then artist/composer which on iPeng are listed alphabetically, so I do not have to type anything. The albums for each artist are then listed chronologically by date of composition for classical, chamber music, opera etc and by recording date for jazz, rock, blues etc.

For instance, I have 62 Charlie Parker cds, I do not remember the album titles so I canā€™t search by that, If I type in Charlie Parker (which is already a pain) I get a fairly random list of 62 albums whereas on iPeng (without having to type anything) I get a chronological list by recording date, which makes much more sense to me.

This works well for classical as well, Beethovenā€™s chamber music listed early, middle then late as he composed it.

I can see that for some this sort of thing would not matter at all, but sadly for me it does.

Youā€™ve explained this previously as Iā€™d noted. However, describing typing ā€œCharlie Parkerā€ as a pain?

It strikes me that if typing a mere 2 words or 15 characters is a pain then what you need is an app which responds properly to Apple Voiceover or similar.

1 Like

Or just carry on using iPeng as I currently do.
I will probably take up Michaelbā€™s suggestion and add a feature request on the Innuos website.

Update 2.0.10 went live today. Just a small update by the looks of itā€¦

1 Like

Still no word from them on time line for optimising use with naim/ ethernet connections?

Peter

I thought theyā€™d been very clear that it comes with 3.0 but 3.0 timing is determined by Tidal certification?

In the meantime Iā€™m busy reporting bugs on 2.10 and loving nightly hours of music.

Does anyone else find thereā€™s been an uplift in SQ with this bug fix update?