Innuos 2.1.0 Direct TIDAL Integration into the Music Library

Thanks for the heads up, didn’t know anything about the ‘pulse’ range, just had a quick look, no disc ripping plus seems like an upgraded power supply. Not sure how or if it will integrate with the Zenith range of products.

Interesting to see the range.

I assume it is just a far better streamer than that in the existing Zen series and the Zens will still act primarily as servers/Rippers/Roon cores (though they can stream).

I see the top of the range Pulsar has a PhoenixUSB Lite Reclocker built in.

Not sure if that is/will be the case, their flagship server/streamer will still remain the statement, thanks I hadn’t picked up the PhoenixUSB Lite.

1 Like

why not connect the server (f.ex. Statement) directly via USB to a DAC? Seems that Pulsar does the same?

The streamers can be used with other server solutions so that’s a good thing, lots of people are not in the need of the server side of things and it opens these up to a wider audience.

1 Like

That’s how I connect my Zenith to the DAVE/Mscaler.

It will integrate just fine, becomes an another endpoint for the sense system to play to if you already have one of the Zen range. Brings multiroom more easily to the Innuos eco system without having to have a redundant server part.

1 Like

Unfortunately the Pulsar streamer has only an USB output. With Phoenix usb integrated. Not sure if then adding an USB to SPDIF converter is optimal then, if we want to connect a Naim dac or Nds in digital out.
It seems a bit complicated: USB > Phoenix usb reclocker > USB to SPDIF converter.

Its not necessary either, usb via the phoenix is excellent

Non issue considering any current DAC these days supports USB, more to life than the Naim DAC and more users of non Naim DACs out there. Why would you want to use one with an NDS it’s already a streamer.

Yes, but I wanted to say that the Phoenix usb is already in the Pulsar. But for connecting a Naim dac, you need then to add a usb/Spdif converter.

1 Like

To upgrade on the streaming platform, less costly than buying an Nd555.
For now I am thinking eventually on GRIMM MU1 into digital out of Nds, as the Grimm has an SPDIF output and also you can insert two SSD storages inside it.

This was the problem i had and after much research plugged for the Audiophilleo as it clocked, converted, direct connection BNC, RCA and the option to power is via battery during playback.

That said i would have preferred a USB to USB to simplify the chain.

1 Like

I guess the new products may have slowed or scuppered direct Tidal unfolding …

Either way this does open up Innuos reach, there hardware and software integration is sleek and the SQ is superb.

1 Like

From Stereonet: Finally, innuOS 2.1 should arrive at the end of the month, featuring [TIDAL] integration (MQA to follow later), UPnP/DNLA and AirPlay support and a Smart Mixes engine. It is currently in Beta testing.

1 Like

Any idea which month and which year.

1 Like

I think the update will come next week

Update available now. Just installed…

Updated installed as well. Does anyone know how to manually activate Airplay with this new version ?

Getting closer to my needs, just needs to add Chromecast support and it would cover all my current hardware.