Innuos firmware 1.4.6 readiness for InnuOS 2.0

I am tempted to plunge for an Innuos Statement, overkill for a Nova, most would say so is a Zenith, but to me the server is the source first for me.

Awaiting to see what the new app/ui is like first

1 Like

Coming in roughly a couple of months.

Any views on whether the upgrade is positive on a SQ front?

Phil

I can’t tell any difference TBH

1 Like

Neither can I

1 Like

As mentioned I feel 1.4.6 Innuos has added its signature, versus a neutral SQ in all prior releases.

Not to my liking very shift in LF/MF emphasis.

1 Like

Can you go back?

I asked Innous support last week about the App and they say soon, but 2021, I also asked about Tidal Connect integration, they say they are in discussions with Tidal to try and get this done. It works already on my Sonos system so I can use the Tidal app and play through the Sonos like I can with Spotify. Peng is OK and does work, just a bit clunky really and the native Tidal and Spotify apps are much much better. Be nice to get a better app to search and browse my ripped CD’s plus all the streaming services together. I know there is Roon but at present I am waiting for their own app to see how good it is before spending out on another subscription.

1 Like

No option available, i may ask

1 Like

1.4.7 went online today.

Nothing major with regards to fixes, again it’s another update in preparation for 2.0…

Fixes:

• Fixes TIDAL integration with innuOS
  • Updated Logitech Media Server to version 8.2
3 Likes

Anyone installed it, keen this time to baseline SQ then upgrade, as for me the SQ all changed detrimentally.

Yes, downloaded and installed in about 5 minutes.
No issues at all.

Is there any update on the current timescale for 2.0 ?

I did ask Innuos shortly after the release of 1.4.6 but they said they were still working on the app.

1 Like

Done, nice and easy. Not listened to it yet but I heard zero difference last time

Same here, the last update where I noticed a change to the sound (for the better) was 1.4.4.

Currently using the Orange Squeeze app, which I’ve had no issues with, but im looking forward to the dedicated app.

Just out of interest. Mention of logitech media server been on the Innous. I have a wired Zennith into my main Naim system

I have another set up in another room. Will a squeezebox touch pick up the files on my Zennith and play them- ie it runs LMS? .

Doing the update now.

Seamless. Zero impact on sound quality.

Same here

1 Like