Innuos Phoenix usb reclocker

Hi @frenchrooster before I went this route I waited for the ndx2 with a view to pair with the SN2, to mean even when demo’d with Focal Pants, I felt my optimised system was ahead.

I also like what the Innuos does after many years saying a simple USB thumb drive was as good as these servers.

1 Like

Think I will need to write a Audiophilleo 2 vs 1 MK2 SE.

Just landed plugged in and already rocking :sunglasses:

2 Likes

The Audiophilleo 1 MK2 SE also supports upto 384/24 and DSD, the OLED display is interesting if your OCD about bit rates …

Bare 30 seconds into a familiar track from cold and wow, the micro dynamics and details and a very rare I say analogue less digital sound. That said I have been without the system for nearly two months.

3 Likes

Belissimo it also have a burn in mode.

1 Like

There is a review in Darko audio , Audiophilleo 2 vs 1, from 2011.

S/PDIF output stage – Gruebele has designed a custom output circuit:

“Differential logic is the best way to implement low-jitter designs. The Audiophilleo S/PDIF clock and output circuits make extensive use of differential ECL components. This approach uses somewhat more power, but enables very low levels of jitter.”

“The output circuit is galvanically isolated from both the computer and rest of the Audiophilleo, which allows coupling to the DAC without the use of an output transformer. In turn, this helps prevent ground loops which can reduce performance. The output stage also features high “return loss” below 20 MHz, so that any internal reflections are minimized; it also exhibits very clean edges, with little ringing.”

Enjoy, It will be interesting to see what the width/rates come out as for various sources such as Amazon HD music.

Phil

1 Like

Definitely better than the AF2, add to that the higher the Res the better it gets, I have the odd 24/192, then remembered a few DSD Micheal Jackson, oddly display shows 176/24 … but it sound sublime, so delicate and precise but none of the digital edge.

There is now a thread dedicated to the Innuos Phoenix at “audiophilestyle dot com slash forums slash topic slash 57314-innuos-phoenixusb”. It is not even clear which outputs the device supports. Another example of throwing something at the market without even caring to say what this something is meant to be.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.