Innuos Sense 2.1 now available to download with integration for Naim streamers and Tidal MQA

Its not full, it will be an MQA decoder then, a Full MQA decoder is both decoder and renderer and that’s only for devices with DACs in them as the DAC has to perform the rendering stage. Rendering applies the additional filters that are specific to the DAC and the other levels of upsampling and wizardry behind the MQA black box approach. A decoder only applies the first unfold.

Good that they added it but it seems it’s not working for some, the apps says its playing MQA but no MQA stream is being sent. Someone else needs to confirm that it is unfolding by connecting a DAC and seeing what it says the stream is.

Will check later on my Audiophilleo display, that so shows the rate.

1 Like

Qobuz 24/176

Tidal MQA 44/16 ???
“What is 16-bit MQA? | Bob Talks” What is 16-bit MQA? | Bob Talks

MQA is delivered as either 44.1/16, 44.1/24 or 48/24, when decoded it will be unfolded to either 88.2/24 or 96/24 depending on if it’s 44.1 or 48 master. There are lot of 44.1/16 MQA titles as many have not been mastered above that to start with or they just didn’t bother. Looks like I was correct though and it’s not decoding at all so your getting the standard stream and another user found it didn’t trigger his MQA enabled equipment. So some work to do there.

Sounds very interesting

When MQA encodes a 16b 44.1kHz Master the resulting full MQA file is also 44.1kHz/16b. Despite being 16b, this file contains all the information for decoding and rendering. These MQA encodings also contain all of the information accessible when playing the original master and in some cases more.

must be like the aural equivalent of decanting wine.

.sjb

Oh no enter face here :cry: for me

Report it to them, in sure they will sort it.

And unfortunately, the last 10-20 seconds of each song are cut off and playback of the next song starts.

Try restarting your Innuos and clearing the cache. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Sense app may also help and will only add a couple of minutes to the faff.

Do you mean The Clear Queue Cache on Innuos? It is to be used by Innuos support only.

Yes, that one. If you’d rather not, contact support. It may be that the other two actions solve the problem.

I want to hear what support says to that The Clear Queue Cache.

But my situation at the moment is: Native UPnP: Playback and local Albums Artwork Covers works fine with my Naim Uniti Nova.

Sense UPnP: Playback works but last 10-20 seconds of each song are cut off and local Albums Covers are not displayed on my Naim Uniti Nova

The album covers won’t display at the moment, though the album, track and artist info should. Support will be able to sort out the skipping problem. My Atom HE and ND555 are both working well and sounding excellent with Sense.

Seems i totally misunderstood what Innuos meant by “…seamless integration for Tidal and Tidal Masters…”, it is NOT Tidal Master Unfolding :see_no_evil:

What is the point of this if you have to already have an MQA streamer ?

That explains it then, they obviously don’t want to pay the license.

1 Like

I am 110% certain i outright in the beta phase asked is this the full unfold, answer Yes.
Even the we have the certificate and keys.

Numerous Roon Killer threads elsewhere also suggested the same.

In their release blurb that I have seen I have not seen any mention of MQA decoding. I can’t imagine it’s not within their scope if a small Android app can manage it. It’s bound to be either licensing or something they didn’t want to do. Every MQA unfold has to be logged and license paid as it’s charged per stream. So perhaps they were not willing to do that.

New profiles are now available for Naim streamers, displaying artwork for locally stored files.

Here’s the Innuos message:

Hi everyone, we’ve updated the existing profiles and also added a profile for Sonos S2. Just restart the server and re-apply your profile. For Naim, it should now show album art on local files. Qobuz/Tidal will not show metadata/art on any streamer yet but this will be covered on a future update. If the artwork on Naim doesn’t show, try restarting the Naim to clear cache. We’ll be adding new profiles almost on a daily basis as we get more systems tested.

I saw their message, I think Innuos are starting to find out it’s not as easy as first thought, lots of things started but not quite there yet.