Innuos Sense 2.3 now available to download

worryingly quick really…perhaps more testing needed before releases?

1 Like

Yes. On one hand it’s great to see them react so quickly but in the other hand, this last update seems to mostly rectify issues introduced by the previous update. To be fair though, that’s not usually the case.

Latest update does not fix all the issues to claims to fix unfortunately. 2.4 will be along soonish. In the meantime I’ve identified a bug which will also be fixed in a future release where albums with long words in the title display over-sized covers.

Just looked back and found my email to Naim from October 2020 where we were invited to write in if we wished to participate in beta testing. Still awaiting a response on that.

Spot the difference.

2 Likes

Innuos says it plays fine there ( Sakamoto track ). I wanted to listen to the Necks - Travel today from Qobuz, but I can’t play the album.

I think they’re just using USB DACs. I found that changing the Innuos Sense Audio setting from Naim Uniti to Naim NDS/NDX made the track playable on my Atom HE and ND555 and have let them know, so maybe they can pinpoint the problem better now. That audio setting doesn’t sound quite as good to me, however. I’m enjoying the Sakamoto album, though, which I probably wouldn’t have found otherwise, so thanks for the head’s up.

2.3.1 installed yesterday no issues, proper listening today.

In house skills and deep understanding no doubt results in quick updates, well not 2.3.1 but that was the MQA rollout, which begs the question how can Innuos enginner, pay MQA and give it to owners free and Naim cant even support MQA.

1 Like

I was on the beta group but a few releases back i had a major non play issue, could not revert easily, eventually did with a remote session, never been asked again, i guess if your using a beta you should expect some drama, ideally not alpha type.

I’ve done beta for Innuos and do it for several other things such as the Guardian app. Happy to accept the consequences of that provided the things you report get quick responses. Naim was literally the only organisation to never even respond to the email they invited.

2 Likes

It’s certainly not that they can’t do so. More a conscious decision to not do so which I think most here both understand and support.

I changed the Innuos Sense Audio setting to Linn and it seems to work now. I still can’t play The Necks - Travel.

I’ll see if the Statement and Nucleus have the same problem when I get home.

It looks like The Necks’ Travel is a Qobuz problem. It won’t play with the NDS/NDX setting on the Innuos Statement but also won’t play from the Roon Nucleus either, where it is however also marked “Unavailable”.

Thanks for letting me know

1 Like

Where are you guys setting ndx , uniti, linn etc?

In Sense, click on System, then Settings, then Audio. Next click on the three dots to the right of your streamer/DAC, followed by Settings. Under UPnP Streamer Profile, there is a down arrow icon. Clicking (pressing) on this opens a drop-down menu with the streamer profile choices.

There are no three dots.

Ah, I am not using UPNP as I am running into the dac via coax

You won’t have 3 dots for your Chord DAC but will for a Naim/UPnP player/DAC.

2 Likes

Getting mighty irritated with this now. 1 of the 2 resolved by going landscape momentarily but nevertheless…

Is the problem size of images on the second line of the first screenshot.