Innuos Zen Mini MK3 to Zen MK2 to Zenith MK2

nope for the logical conclusion i guess :full_moon_with_face:

All of it.

Been looking at the convert to USB but find that then leads me pre Innuos to an elaborate setup, as opposed to minimal links in the chain.

Well, it was based on my knowledge and experience of electronics and having designed audio amplifiers; but there we go!

If by different effect you mean different sound then clearly the sound is that of the different system at its best. I’m sure many don’t know what their system can sound like due to all the things that can pull it down! They then get quite a surprise from the Zenith.

Phil

Interestingly had allot of email exchange with Roon (more clarification on settings and equipment) and Innuos oddly not heard anything back, even after a chaser email.

I have gone back (Roon) and forth (Innuos Squeezelite to Roon) and still easily prefer the latter.

Around a week in also can sense the Zenith going through a up and down run in, at first i thought that was the explanation for the dramatic change (that was actually no change in setup).

@Filipe have you tried any tweaks with the Zenith, been reading up and quite a few mentions of different equipment feet and positioning of the unit.

@obsydian Just on Naim glass, cups and balls.

Phil

It really makes no sense as to why it would make any difference. Your not changing anything from the Innuos to Roon by switching it on your using the RAAT path to your Nova it goes no where near Squeezelite. I wonder if turning it on is adding more work for the cpu and adding more noise which your preffering.

Agreed, but interesting it has both parties trying to understand why.

Indeed. I’m intrigued to find out why from curiosity.

1 Like

Hi Obsydian, I have to ask, do you mean “a lot” or is your spell checker re-writing it as “allot”?

Coupled with fat fingers

Ha ha, me too. :grin:

Just ordered another set of SR MIG cups, they worked well on the Nova.

Roon have directed me to the forum.
Innuos no news yet.

Get my SR Ethernet back Friday, will swap out the Meicord, will be interesting.

There are some Innuos users using the experimental Squeezelite Roon player but they are using it as the Roon endpoint as it’s entended out of the Innuos via USB.

I am looking at the USB to SPDIF Converter also, I narrowed it down to the Schitt and m2tech hiface 2, i don’t want a add on power supply spaghetti.

good idea, the streaming platform of the innuos zenith 2 is perhaps better than the nova one. Flipe uses the audiophileo/ ? power with his zenith and naim dac.

It will limit you to only 192/24 though. Be interesting for you to compare them directly then to see which has the edge over the other when both transports can be used to output to the Nova.

Roon core - RAAT - Network - Nova
Or
Roon core - Squeezelite - USB-SPDIF - Nova
Or
Roon core - Roon player - USB-SPDIF - Nova