Innuos Zenith Mk 3 - improvement on ND5 XS

Hi, I am considering adding the Zenith Mk3 to my Naim ND5 XS and XP5 XS Power Supply.

I would like to ask the communities opinion of whether this would deliver an improvement in the sound?

Has anyone experienced this configuration, I would really appreciate your incite.

Regards

Russ

What do you use for storing and UPnP serving at the moment ?

If you’re looking to spend 3k or so on a server, i would suggest money would be better spent elsewhere. Trading in the ND5XS and XP5XS for a Naim ND5XS2 or even stretching a bit more for the NDX2 would be more of an upgrade than adding the Innous to your existing kit.

1 Like

I’d agree with your advice. I’ve recently bought an NDX2 and it is a sweet spot in the Naim range for sound/£. It is also greatly enhanced by an XPS DR.

Good afternoon boys,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I am not looking to spend 3k on an upgrade, although the trade in option is one I will pursue.

What I am really after is peoples experience of the Innuos Zenith Mark 3 and if any Naim users are using this unit as a streamer and the naim as a dac.

I’ve just recently upgraded from a Mini Zen Mk2 to a Zen Mk3 and am very happy with the quality. The software also runs seamlessly with my NDX2 app
I used the mini Zen with a Nova and never had any problems.
I think Innuos products offer very good reliability, SQ and value for money.
I would audition the Zenith against the Zen.

Hi John,

Thanks for the suggestions.

1 Like

I have Zenith Mk 2 feeding nDAC via Audiophilleo + PurePower usb to spdif. It is exceptionally good, but I just wish Naim would produce a 500 series DAC. The Zenith is trouble free.

Phil

I have no doubt that Innuos zenith mk3 will uplift your nd5xs with xps. But a bare Ndx2 , for comparable money, will be a bigger uplift.

Many thanks for the confirmations.

Similar setup to @Filipe, I went from a Zen MK2, Zen MK2, to a Zenith MK2 with a humble Nova, in the space of 1 month, reason each brought a reasonably improvement.

For me the server is the source first approach, if you buy it, it will remain for sometime, if you get an itch to go the NDX2/SN2 which I demo’d of was wholly underwhelmed. I am one of those being full Naim active, ditched it all, came back via a Muso, Atom, Nova, with a month also and have pretty much stopped there, well aside from, speakers and accessories, the Nova maxed out stopped the usual upgrade itch.

I then looked to the Innuos as a stepping stone from a Raspberry Pi setup and the home demo was free.

I would look for a Zenith MK2 or the SE.

Another very happy Zenith 3 user here. Absolute breeze to use and so much better in all respects than the Melco I used previously.

I use mine with a Linn KDSM so can’t say how it would perform with your ND5 XS but would endorse it wholeheartedly.

Thanks for the advice.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.