Inspiring conservation projects

Wildlife protection helps species thrive in Europe - link to report Wildlife protection helps species thrive in Europe - report - BBC News

Home spun conservation!

5 Likes

My cleaning lady wouldn’t see it that way , but she is shortsighted … and misses most of them

1 Like

It’s a battle I have with my lady who visits. I’ve nearly won her over!

1 Like

Ancient eel migration mystery unravelled - click the link: Ancient eel migration mystery unravelled - BBC News

Latest rewilding project in Spain.

1 Like

1 Like

That’s the ticket.

If people would only explain to children the benefits of spiders, as an example, they will not kill them. I tell my kids not to kill spiders as they are useful and are not dangerous. I think they get it.

As long as you give a sensible reason for not killing them, and other animals, they generally accept that killing them is not necessary.

2 Likes

Hi Camphuw, are you aware of the organisation Mossy Earth who do conservation projects around the world. If you search you will find many projects on YT.

3 Likes

New to me - I’ll take a look. Thanks.

2 Likes

That looks super , I’m planting my garden with photography in mind. (Whilst selling off 50% of my camera gear - either too heavy or duplicated)

Since my earlier post on this thread I’m buying two raised troughs, one will be for veggies like potatoes, onions and parsnips . The other will be for flowers , especially for pollinators

5 Likes

@JOF …I had the pleasure of planting a tree in Iceland, on a tour with Jona Tours, a one woman tour operater…half english half Icelandic and ALL viking…’ today we’re planting trees’ …nobody dared decline.

4 Likes

I may well buy it , thanks for input.

Ian
PS How are the hens?

1 Like

Loving the snow! Hunt the worms and corn still excellent entertainment. Thanks for asking.

1 Like

ordered today

1 Like

Clearing out old pots from last year, the sort that had sunflowers in them. I always leave them for the birds to take seeds.
Lots of pupae /larvae in the compost, I sifted the top layer, put in some osmecote tabs , put the larvae back in and topped up with fresh peat free compost

1 Like