Inspiring conservation projects

You could not make it up …

I would like to say something , but will remain in Richard’s good books

2 Likes
4 Likes

Apparently a huge drop in habitat over the last 25 years has been a factor in their decline , along with feral predators and changing climatic conditions

4 Likes

Funny I was thinking of posting that as well. Great news just hope it works. I’ve only seen them twice in the wild and that was very fleeting as they’re so shy. I’d volunteer to take turns to sit there with a shotgun to keep them safe.

3 Likes

Thought this would interest

The moment you read this, you can almost imagine the same old voices demanding a cull .

1 Like

And more Aussie creatures thriving

I can almost here Dame Edna …

2 Likes

That’s so cute. We really do need to help so of these unique critters we’ve damaged so much of their habitat.

1 Like

A personal success: woodpecker feeding on aphids that were feeding on sap in the willow. In the past the aphids were so dense that some the saplings died.

5 Likes

Manningtree in Essex had a ‘Save the World Day’ on Sunday.

Parking for residents became perplexing without hydration and walking boots.

Oh! Let’s take a drive out and contribute. Just put the Defender upon the path I don’t suppose we will be here long. Wouldn’t want it’ scratched or block the road designed for horse and cart. How quaint!

2 Likes
1 Like

It doesn’t have to be big , this is from an area 6 x 2.5 metres , that was sown last year

And has been a haven for bees

4 Likes

3 Likes

And from BBC (I hope it’s today )

2 Likes

Clicking on the BBC website to confirm the post on beavers was new I found this.

The cheetahs came to India from Namibia where certain farmers regard them as pests (even though they are highly endangered) .

There is also an Eurasian cheetah but in very small numbers and I believe they are also found in Oman . At least now they will be not be hunted .

4 Likes

From the Guarniad

1 Like

Now a few more beavers in Somerset

2 Likes

And now second

2 Likes

That’s definitely a good news story. A bit like this one.

3 Likes

Good news that they have been living there, I get concerned about encroachment.

Best wishes

Ian

1 Like