Integrated amp for ND555dr

Agree…

Soulution 330…

Is Dan D’Agostino available? The Momentum integrated looks very interesting albeit expensive, otherwise the Progression could be worth a listen. Huge jump between the two price points though. If domestic approval is a high priority, either of these could look stunning in the right environment. Never heard either but they have my attention for a future demo, also as a potential replacement for 552 and 300.

As Elfer says, Dan D’Agostino integrated. I listened to the Progression fronted up with Naim source a while back along side all Naim kit and my feelings where that the Progression had greater control and improved soundstage. Worth a listen IMHO.

I will be booking a session with the integrated when it is socially acceptable!

1 Like

@Michaelb I am quite sure you are right! But, realistically that will most (all?) integrate be? So I guess it is a matter of finding an acceptable compromise to his 552/300dr. And to be honest I mentioned it more as a contender to a SN (possibly with an external ps).

1 Like

There is a danish brand, clic, that produce cabinets that are used with hifi, I think they even use some Naim kit in their promotion photos. I have one of their benches as a tv bench with AV stuff in it. They allow for hidden cable routing an you can customize outlets to suit your needs. But, I am suspicious that cable dressing will not be optimal for a 555/552/300 setup? Still, possibly less of a compromise than going for an integrated amp?
Maybe Naim can offer custom length burndies! Anyone who knows?

1 Like

I think that’s right. It’s certainly worth a listen. Very beguiling for certain intimate vocal pieces with e.g. guitar and drums

What’s everyone’s experiences or thoughts of a Sugden A21 Class A integrated? Do they run really hot? There’s a practically new one with a beautiful blue anodized front for sale on a audio site that I’ve been contemplating to buy to compare to my current Olive setup.

The Dream…

:small_blue_diamond:@LarsDK,…Here you have a very interesting suggestion on your question.
This is real Top-Class.

And there’s no problem whatsoever,.in powering these big speakers as you see on one of the pictures.
And this Swedish legendary audio designer Erik Andersson,.is known all over the world among tube-amp enthusiasts.

He has also lived in the UK for many years.
This,.when he was one of two owners,and also the main audio designer,of the world famous tube-amp brand Audion.
So this on the pictures is Good Stuff :wink:.

I actually know Erik,.and Erik and his wife have slept over at my place,when they visited us and northern Sweden.

• Below from a visit to the Swedish speaker-manufacturer Marten,.when they listen to…
The Dream.

"A Distant Dream.
The Dream Weekend 27-28/11/09.

It might seem like a distant dream now after the holidays and CES,.but the Marten Showroom was crowded with audio lovers on the last weekend in November 09.

Erik Andersson and Ola Hesselvall, demonstrated their latest amplifier project:
:small_orange_diamond:The Dream.
This has been legendary audio designer Erik’s dream for many years,.and he has really put all of his experience and heart into it.

The tube-amplifier has direct heated triodes (Russian GM70),which are unusually powerful for being single ended (40W).
The Setup Was Really Something,.with our new reference model…
• Coltrane Momento speakers.
• Jorma Design Prime cables.
• Bladelius Embla CD-player.
• EAT Forte turntable.
• Helius Omega 12″ tone-arm.
• Einstein Audio TU3 cartridge.
• Einstein Audio “Little Big Phono” phonostage.

The furniture used was G.A.D.-Marten.
By that we mean the audio furniture,.and not the brand of the sofa we sat on.
And no,.it’s not from IKEA :wink:."

imgp4328
• The Dream,.you can have it in Red or Black.

imgp4378
• In Marten’s large listening-room.
It is Leif Olofsson,.one of the owners who stands up to the left.

Stay safe…
/Peder🙂

1 Like

@Peder, your suggestion is opposite of what he wants. :slight_smile:
Maybe you skipped reading his original post?

:small_blue_diamond:@anon56221831,…No,.he asked for suggestions for integrated amps (see below).
And,.The Dream is an integrated amp.

:black_small_square:The Dream is also available as a mere power-amp,.but that’s a different story :wink:.

imgp4328 (3)

Stay safe…
/Peder🙂

1 Like

Hi Ryder, i am using ART diamond 8.3 speakers, its a 3 way speaker that works really well with the system. Br Lars

Thanks Michael - I also have to see where this leads to. If I cannot get a satisfactory alternative, maybe then the divorce laywer someone suggested :smiley: just joking of course.

I dont see myself give up the nd555 - love everything about it and even my small kids know how to operate our naim systems by now. So has to be the amp part.

I wrote to vitus last night and hans ole vitus already replied this morning, offering how to organize a homedemo for a fellow dane. Looking forward to that experience.

I will see if there is any way to at least hear the shaninians around here. Mainly curious how that type of speaker sounds

Br Lars

Many thanks!

Hiding is also my current approach using furniture from clic (also danish). It still takes up a full wall w speakers in the living room and thats why I am now under great pressure. So far hiding has worked though!

Br Lars

1 Like

Have not seen them here and as you say they seem really pricey! Br Lars

Yes clic is good and what I am using already. Good suggestion. Br Lars

Thanks Peder - i do think tube could be an option, absolutely. I still recall listening sessions w audionote equipment (amp and their speakers based on peter snells designs) as some of the very best I have ever heard. I am quite concerned with the heat they generate and how practical they are to operate for my use (system is always on also during day w radio etc). Will ask a tube dealer I know.

The dream looks amazing!

Br Lars

I am new to the new forum app so hope its clear what posts I was responding to … if not, sorry for that. Br Lars

1 Like

Lars- which Vitus are you going to demo?

Move the amps into a different room and pipe the music in from there?

I think when you start tearing the system apart you are likely to find it’s not just the sound of the ND555 you enjoy.

2 Likes