Interesting announcement at Linn's 50th

There’s enough whitewash without that . :rofl:

2 Likes

The Bollok sounds good on its own, but should be partnered with the new matching pre for best results. The Knob will be released later this month, I believe.

1 Like

I thoroughly enjoyed this thread - thanks to @Count.d for starting it and to @HungryHalibut for a particularly good contribution.

2 Likes

Is Radio Shack still operating in the UK?

I don’t think so - Maplin is probably the nearest equivalent, with a presence on many high streets, though they are not as good as they were 40 years ago (when they were cheaper than Radioshack). A good alternative online is CPC.

I really enjoyed having a Radio Shack a few miles away, so I could get little things on Sundays when I might be working on a project

I dunno. I’ve lived in Japan for 22 years. It certainly exists here.

They closed down a few years ago.Shame.

Nice one a double April fools

1 Like

Oh, not living in UK now I had missed that about Maplin. Just read up on it online. Pity - it seems no general high street outlets for electronic components and bits end pieces anymore, though of course that is the general way retail is moving. I buy mainly from CPC, also Farnell, Mouser and occasionally others like Radiospares.

1 Like

Joking aside - something special is definitely coming…

But can you afford it ? :scream:

A $100k LP12 called the LP12 PLONCER. Complete the the latest EEJIT tonearm and MUPPIT cartridge.

2 Likes

Plonker :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Don’t forget the K.

1 Like

Word on the street has it that there will be a special new handmade (or should that be ‘handjob’?) cartridge, the Orgasmik.

(I might trademark that, so that Linn have to pay me huge royalties if they want to use that name.)

2 Likes

I asked Audio T if they could do a home demo , in my bedroom as I was thinking of adding a second system

They declined as it was a special offer for one day only

Too late, it’s used in the past on this forum I’m afraid.

A forum search indicates that it was first suggested in September 2021 by, err, me. Another suggestion at the time, not mine I hasten to add, was the Ekstortionate. Anyway, as I wrote above, it’s the Karma Kameleon.

As it will be daylight robbery it would be the Cleptomaniak

You’ll never get a job with Linn with efforts like that. It would surely be Kleptomaniac.

1 Like