Interesting TV

Was this a ‘Viz’ query?

G

I’m afraid I have no idea what you mean.

The Pale Horse was no doubt intended by the BBC to be “interesting”, and my wife was keen to see it, although I must say that I struggled to retain any interest personally and I think Agatha Christie has written better stories than that one. The continuity errors were fun though

Best

David

1 Like

We are quite enjoying it. Although I did nod off briefly last night and woke to a bit I thought I’d already seen.

We’ll keep ploughing on.

G

Hmm, and then came the pantomime that was episode 5, embarrassing.

Very good movie.

1 Like

You could always post these in the Must-See Movies thread, mon ami.

2 Likes

It’s a movie I just saw. Great one. Must see movies thread is interesting, but It’s on movies you have seen several times , not?

It’s become a thread to post whatever you want about movies you enjoyed.

1 Like

The why I posted “ hors norme”. Thanks Bhoyo , will post now the movies on your thread and serial movies here.

1 Like

On my days off, come 10 or 11 am. I find myself drawn towards the Horror channel (+1)
Star Trek. The original series on perma repeat.

F7CF9EBD-221F-45A0-8588-6935269CB732-7192-000008998D3D7C69

I have watched every episode umpteen times, but never tire, apart from one or two. To watch again.
The writing is always superb and still catches me out with surprise.
The Kirk connection with the always top notch ladies, with “Mr” Spock as a true screen accomplice is a wonder to witness.

5 Likes

When my son graduated from University he used that gesture to the audience. :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

The Pharmacist, if you want to see how America is manipulated by drug companies it’s well worth the 4 episodes.

It’s on Netflix.

3 Likes

Enjoying ‘flesh and blood’.
Great to see Russell Tovey back on the small screen, along with some other great names.

1 Like

We watched in one sitting. A good cast.

Sort of guessed how it was going to unfold but enjoyable none the less.

G

1 Like

Watched McDonald and Dodds last night, surprisingly OK for an ITV Sunday night drama (one of the exceptions being Endeavour of course) as I often find their production values differ from my own preference🤨

The lead cop character is a little irritating but hopefully will settle, Jason Watkins plays Jason Watkins pretty well by now and Robert Lindsay played panto Lindsay to his standards too!

Overall though, quite a nice bit of telly we thought.

2 Likes

If you are into Sci-Fi, then I can recomend Altered Carbon which is currently on Season 2 on Netflix (here in Norway). Its base around a detective theme where people are able to upload their consciousness into new bodies, class system, questions on immortality, what makes a human, relationships etc, etc. Very good special affects and
some Blade Runner influences.

1 Like

Starting watching the Hunters on Amazon Prime, finished 2 episodes and still not sure.

I watched the new episodes of Walking Dead yesterday. More interesting now I think, than the last episodes some months ago.
Still following the Outsider and enjoy it.

I began Devs. Original and interesting. However just begun to watch.
If you like FX series, you should try.

1 Like

Ozark starts on the 27th. Can’t wait.

2 Likes