Internet Streaming Cable

Hi All,

Belden Catsnake Cat6a ethernet cable is recomendeble for streaming based on threat “ethernet cables” of this forum. OK, but coaxial cable is needed as well.

My internet provider offer coaxial (antena) cable connectenion from wall socket to router only.

Could somebody recomend good coaxial (antena) cable, for this purpose, please ?

Have somebody idea what is better combination:

10 m coaxial + 2 m Catsnake or 2 m coaxial + 10 m Catsnake ?

Beware, if only it was so simple as “Catsnake Cat6a ethernet cable is recomendeble for streaming based on threat “ethernet cables” of this forum”, there wouldn’t be thousands of posts in this thread.

But it’s certainly a good cable for a reasonable price, so you wouldn’t do anything wrong with your SuperUniti. I don’t want to get drawn into this topic too much :wink: though I do use BJC Cat6a based on forum recommendations. The case for ethernet cable influences is already somewhat shaky, at the very least might be system- and network-dependent, and don’t believe every “night and day difference”. However, at least the cable from the router or switch makes a direct electrical connection between streamer and router/switch, so the idea is not totally in la-la-land.

The coax from the router upstream to the ISP is quite some metaphorical and technical distance away. I’m sure that esoteric influences can be found, but probably best to ask @Simon-in-Suffolk for the no-bullshit input.

Regarding the lengths, is your router also your wifi base station? If so, consider that you most likely want good wifi too, so choose the position with this in mind.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.