Introducing Mu-so Wood Edition

Just a little launch today - new premium option for Mu-so 2nd Generation.

Mu-so Wood Edition is dressed in sustainable Ayous hardwood, expertly treated and lacquered to give the appearance of a Light Oak finish. The iconic Mu-so heatsink also has a new anodised aluminium tint, with the speaker finished by a neutral-toned, woven front grille. This new Wood finish is an ideal match for lighter-look interiors ­- allowing you to seamlessly enjoy harmonious style and sound throughout your home, from living room to kitchen; home office to bedroom.

Mu-so Wood Edition offers the same award-winning specification as the standard Mu-so 2nd Generation, for superlative wireless music streaming. Enjoy Spotify Connect, TIDAL and Qobuz baked in, while Chromecast Built-in gives access to Deezer and much more, including Google Assistant compatibility. AirPlay 2 support adds Apple Music streaming and Apple Home integration, including Siri voice control potential. It also works as a Bluetooth speaker.

Mu-so Wood Edition can transform your TV sound, too – simply connect via HDMI ARC. Whether you sit it under your TV or anywhere else in your home, room compensation options optimises the audio to suit, for a rich yet natural sonic experience.

Mu-so’s multiroom capability lets you stream the same song in beat-perfect sync or play different music in different rooms. Group with other Naim players and systems at the touch of a button, any AirPlay 2-compatible wireless speaker or with Chromecast built-in devices.

Mu-so 2nd Generation, Mu-so Qb 2nd Generation and Mu-so for Bentley Special Edition models remain in the range as additional or alternative options.

Available from today at a wide range of retailers. More pictures and info here:

12 Likes

Finally! :slight_smile: now someone has to update the label printing software.

Looks really nice. I always look to see wood has been sustainably and ethically sourced

One reason I went for eucalyptus on my Harbeths, if you’ve seen the eucalyptus forests as you drive north through Kwa Zulu Natal, you will be aware there is no shortage of eucalyptus wood, quite the reverse

1 Like

Yes, Ayous is on the ‘least endangered’ list - along with Bamboo and others! It’s also the same wood used on the Mu-so for Bentley special edition, though that has a darker treatment.

2 Likes

It does look nice, elegant and as already commented sustainably sourced.
I’m not quite sure why you’re meant to use it with Focal speakers. OK it’ll visually match in the room, but I don’t think it’s that likely that you’ll have a Muso and another system in the same room (I suppose you could have a CD/vinyl based system and use a separate Muso to add streaming maybe. I don’t think it has any audio out, my Qbs don’t.)

Looks great :+1:

1 Like

It’s the multi-room message, really - seamless look in different rooms, if that’s your kind of thing! Obviously that picture is promotional rather than real-life…

Fair enough.

Is it April 1st already??

There’s already a thread running on the launch - no joke :slight_smile:

@Richard.Dane Can you merge threads, please?

1 Like

Sorry, didn’t see the other thread.

I wonder if they will announce a Statement Wood Edition on Thursday? :smiley: :wink:

2 Likes

Just had a email announcing new model

Introducing Mu-so Wood Edition

I’ve moved your post to the existing thread where you can read all about it.

1 Like

Nice one - I’d better not show it to my wife who will insist that I change the current and perfectly fine Mu-So 1 in the bedroom :slight_smile:

1 Like

Amazing and beautiful!

1 Like

Where’s the problem – wife not only approving but demanding a hifi purchase? Some would call it heaven… :wink: :rofl:

And the perfectly fine Mu-so 1 can be used elsewhere in the house. :grinning:

1 Like

Is it just me then? It’s a piece of 4 by 2. Ripe for parody tomorrow.

Only you. In a suitable room it will look and sound nice tomorrow too.

1 Like

Oh I agree. On one level I’d rather have one of these than the various coloured covers but… it is a bit of 4 by 2. I could see the dog chewing it.

1 Like