Introductions - members from old forum as well as new members

Ahh, they were the days, much more interesting back then!

Polarbear

Interesting enough that prior to the various Brexit threads I want to remember that you held the previous thread record for volume. IIRC you were buying a car and the thread went to some 4,000 entries. If memory also serves you ended up with a Nissan Z.

If none of this happened and I’m senile please be kind.

Close Clay, I ran a thread about a speaker search. It went on for years and almost brought the old server down as it was so large. I went from SL2’s to Neat Ultimatum 9’s and had great fun along the way. :blush:

1 Like

It was a good thread. IIRC the topic discussed the various merits of Neat, Kudos, Ovators and perhaps others. I’m sure some us lived vicariously through your selection process…

Welcome. And I had the UC2/NAP100 to Nova upgrade last year to :+1:

I finally decided to reply to this thread.Fabio on the old Forum and on this new one too.Same avatar too which is Caravaggio’s Medusa.Ciao!
PS Seakayaker,I miss your contributions on the Nice photos thread.

3 Likes

I was a member of the old forum probably from around 2008 or so and used the name King Size, which was a play on my surname, as well as the first online moniker I adopted as the name of my F1 fantasy team (it was a play on all the tobacco sponsorship in the sport at that time).

My participation in the old forum waned over the past couple of years as my time has been taken up by other pursuits, although my love of music and the reproduction thereof is still strong.

Decided to use my Christian name this time as well as reference my current location so ChrisNZ it is.

2 Likes

And you drove a fair few miles listening to various speakers - from what I remember

And I met some wonderful people Derek, how are rhe WB’s, still performing well?

WB’s are running fine. My system has ben very stable for the last 11 years, a deviation into other technologies for convenience, but essentially the same system.
Sad to say not been to a show for many years.

We still go to shows occasionally but more to catch up with people and friends. It’s been a while since I went to a show to listen to the equipment.

Good afternoon all. My first post here on the new forum, having been a member of the old one for a fair number of years. My forum handle is just basically a combination of an abbreviation of my first name plus the initial of my surname, nothing more exciting than that really.

Thank you to the mods for allowing me back :wink:

1 Like

Welcome to the new forum Jon. :blush:

Where I live in an old cottage in the middle of nowhere - Ravenswood - literally an ancient wood with Ravens not too far from the real A A Milne 100 Acre Wood. I suppose I could have called myself Kanga or a Piglet…

When we first moved in 22 years back an old local propped himself up against the gates and said to my wife ‘ere missus, them woods behind you are haunted and used to be used for hangins - :blush:

There you go said wood with my home office - not listening room!

6 Likes

That’s not a home office - you have a short commute!

Doesn’t David Cameron have one of those?
Best
David

is it enough hot inside to work ?

It looks lovely. But more importantly, what’s the music system you have installed in there?

Good to see you back Jon.
Wonder where TP-M is these days ?