iOS 13 - is it just me?

On a 16GB iPad Air 2 now more than 5 years old memory is over 14GB. I have to Offload Apps not used regularly and then the Microsoft ones then need complete deletion to reduce the memory used for data from time to time. Fortunately using OneDrive makes life easy and I can use any device and have the same history/recents.

What I wish it could do is leave more of my photos on iCloud. The low resolution copies still take 800MB, which is too much for 3500.

iPadOS 13.3.1 is better. I do have to think about in Safari in case it interprets my fingers as opening a new window for something accidentally under my finger. As long as I donā€™t release at the side it doesnā€™t. I probably need training to get the full benefits.

I seldom use the PC now including for Word and Excel, so the iPad is a good device for me.

Phil

The cheaper iPhone SE replacement which is rumoured to be announced this month is expected to be the same physical size and shape as the iPhone 8.

There are additional rumours that Apple are set to release a ā€˜smallerā€™ 5.4 inch version of iPhone 12 later in the year which is possibly what Hollow is referring to?

Thanks, so many options/annual refreshes I canā€™t keep up anymore. :crazy_face:

Very true - I suppose Apple need to keep those profits rolling in! :grinning:

Yes the range has become very fragmented and no iPhone 9 for whatever reason. Iā€™m only going by what I read online on either Mac Rumours or Tech Radar re the smaller phone coming out - theyā€™re generally accurate, it seems thereā€™s a big demand for a smaller version as the 11 is so chunky and heavy

Yes, I also had a look at the 11 in 2 shops, and compared to my 6s itā€™s bulky and heavy. I admit, the additional screen size will come in handy when reading web pages, etc. pp. - but for that I have my iPad mini. :wink:
The 11 Pro is ā€œnicerā€, but this translates into a couple of bucksā€¦ letā€™s see, if/how a SE 2 comes, or other models later this year.

BTW - I do hope for the 6s to still get iOS 14 - in 2018 I think they kept all devices on the supported list (cutting the 32-only devices in 2017), in 2019 they removed the 64-bit/1 GByte RAM ones (5s, 6/Plus). If they take out the 6s/Plus (2GByte of RAM), the SE, 7 and even 8 (for the latter 2 only without Plus) would be on that list as well. So far they took system out of support in badges, which either related to RAM size or the 32/64 bit support.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.