iPad can't connect, or it disconnects from Airplay on my NDX2

As @kend says, Ethernet is usually best whenever possible. If your router is close to everything, as you indicate, then if you will run out of wired ports on your router it’s easy to add your TP link switch to get more… just plug the switch into the router, then add the remaining devices into the switch (sort of like adding a second power bar, in a daisy chain fashion). You may benefit from powering devices off, then connecting to the switch, then powering them back on (the NDX2 only establishes its network connection on boot-up, not just when you plug or unplug the Ethernet cable, for example… other devices may work the same way).

It’s also perhaps worth removing all the Hue lights (and even the Hue Bridge) to get back to a simple and, hopefully, working configuration for your NDX2, Nucleus, TV (and iPhone). Then, as others have said, add them in one by one and check that everything still works as you go along. I don’t have any of these, but a quick Google showed lots of advice on troubleshooting… so they may need a bit of care as you (re-)add them to your network.

The basic advice to strip back, simplify to a working but minimal set of equipment, then slowly add in the extras is a great approach.

Good luck!

2 Likes

ps - It may be worth logging into the web interface of your BT HomeHub router and looking to see if you have a setting to enable IGMP Snooping… that’s related to the multicast protocols that Airplay and your Hue devices rely on.

I didn’t remember to suggest this in my last reply, because you seem to have lost some basic wifi connectivity recently, and it’s best to focus on recovering that first.

1 Like

Thank you @kend that is what I’ll do. Believe it or not I can’t find a spare socket to plug the TPLink Switch into. I’ve just counted the total number of devices in my front room. Including the table lamp, 17 devices! :grinning:

Last night I went into the Smart Hub and deleted a couple of devices that don’t need an internet/wi-fi connection (Soundbar, Terrestrial PVR). I then did a full reset of the Smart hub.
The NDX2 now opens lightning fast, with NO searching of rooms.

As soon as I can establish a spare electric socket I will set up the TPLink Switch and hard wire the NDX2.

So, did reducing the wi-fi device count together with a reset, solve the issue? (Fingers crossed)

1 Like

Looks like you are well on the way to a solution.

1 Like

Thanks @alan33. I’ll give that a go.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.