iRadio “stream you have selected is no longer active”

When I went to stream the wonderful Folk Alley internet radio station, I was distraught to receive a message saying that “The Folk Alley stream you have selected is no longer active” and directing me to the website.

It is happening across all my Naim devices, and I am not having any problems with other iRadio stations. I know the station is still on air because I can get it through their app. When I went to their web page, I found the following advice

“LINKS FOR OTHER STREAMING MEDIA PLAYERS or INTERNET RADIO DEVICES:

Use the following links to launch a stand-alone media player or to set up your Wi-Fi Internet radio:

Folk Alley Main Stream:
http://www.folkalley.com/folkalley.pls”

My problem is that I don’t have a clue how to incorporate that advice into the Naim app/devices! Can anyone help?

Thanks in anticipation.

Roger.

Hi Roger,

I’ll take a look on Monday and work with VTuner to get it back online.

When a radio station puts an automated message to say they’ve discontinued a server stream, it can avoid detection from automated dead link detection.

Best

Steve Harris
Software Director

Thank you very much, Steve.

Roger

Hi Roger,

That’s now sorted.

As a bonus we found a better quality stream for that station, so it now uses 320kbit for playback, instead of 128kbit.

Best regards

Steve

1 Like

What a fantastic response from Naim. It must be a real challenge keeping up with all these internet stations.

2 Likes

That is indeed a fantastic response, Steve. Thank you very much. And the 320 bit rate is a serious bonus!

Roger.

I found a few of these ‘dead stations’ at the weekend, but without some research not sure if they are still live?
I know a man who can help though, good work!

Hi @Anonymoot
If you bump into a station that should work, but doesn’t then ping me a message.

As a sanity check I would suggest go to the stations website and see if it plays from their website. if it does then there is high chance we can make it play via vtuner. Its not unusual for small stations just to close down with no warning and it takes some digging around to find out what has happened to them.

Best

Steve

1 Like

Hi Steve, I’m new to the forum and haven’t found another way to contact you. I’d like to stream Seattle’s Jazz24. It can be found and is present in a subdirectory , however the link to <Jazz 24 Live> is not working. Here’s their direct link: 256k AAC: https://live.wostreaming.net/direct/ppm-jazz24aac256-ibc1 Hope you can fix it. Thanks in advance.

Hi @SouthPaw
There is a header compliance issue with the stream on Jazz24 (and also KNKX) which confuses the streaming engine in products like Atom, NDX2 etc. In the v3.4 Qobuz release we have done a workaround and these streams now play on the newer code. VTuner already have the correct AAC streams in their database.

Best regards

Steve

1 Like

Hi, True Vinyl Alternative was posting stream no longer available when my star went into being fixed before Christmas, I assume it isn’t there still. I did look on the stations website it mentioned something about changing servers or something. I was wondering who to contact if it wasn’t available when my star return to get it reconnected, now I know.

Hi Paul,

‘True Vinyl Alternative’ is now working on VTuner, playing as a 320K MP3 stream.
It’s under Location->Internet Only->Alternative->True Vinyl Alternative.

Best

Steve

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.