Is adding a NAP 250 to a UnitiServe beneficial?

So I’ve got the annual bonus-in-my-pocket urge to buy a new toy, and have been considering adding a NAP 250 DR to my current setup (UnitiServe with Epos ES12s, Uniti Core and music store on a Synology DS718+).

Does anyone have experience with whether there’s a beneficial impact to adding the 250? It’s obviously a step towards a system with full separates (if I feel the need to pursue that path), but I’m likely to hold on to the UnitiServe for a while yet.

I presume you mean that you have a Uniti all-in-one player of some sort, rather than a Unitiserve? In which case you might well like what a 250 does to it, although I would also consider other possible upgrades that include a better source/preamp.

If you mostly stream from your Core, then you could go a lot worse than swap your Uniti for a SuperUniti, which at about £1500 for a good secondhand one is a major bargain currently.

If you already have a SuperUniti (!) then I don’t think adding a NAP 250DR is necessarily a good use of your bonus.

Best
David

Whoops - yep - I meant to put “beneficial to add to a SuperUniti”. I’ve had the SuperUniti for several years, and wondering about the next step.

Well personally I wouldn’t add a NAP 250DR to a SuperUniti.

A better use for your money might be to trade in the SuperUniti for a new Nova, as long as you don’t mind the volume control on the top format (which to be honest does put me off).

Best
David

Blockquote A better use for your money might be to trade in the SuperUniti for a new Nova, as long as you don’t mind the volume control on the top format (which to be honest does put me off).

Yeah - I’ve got my components in a shelf and the volume control being on the top is a bit of a downside when I’m considering the Nova.

I added a 250-2 to a UnitiQute in 2011. I just retired that 250 today (upgraded to DR last year) to complete my 8 yr. journey to NDX2/XPSDR/252/SCDR/300DR.

So, a 250 upgrade is great, if you are ready for the journey that ensues. :thinking:

2 Likes

I’ve used a 250DR with my SuperUniti for 12 months now , love it ,loads more authority, more of everything really , I haven’t regretted it at all .

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.