Is my source good enough ?

Hi guys
After Covid wiped out my almost klimax lp12 and top of the range Amps I am on my way back on the upgrade trail
I currently am looking at a used supernait 2
I have a rega Saturn CD with theta TLC reclocker into Marrantz HD Dac1 and a Clearaudio concept mc turntable with stageline s into nait xs2with hicap into neat momentum 3i
Are the source components up to this kind of upgrade or should I improve the front ends first ?
Any thoughts would be helpful
Thanks
Tony

Is that a new variant of covid that kills amps?

The ampazenica variant😉

1 Like

I assume Tony means that getting through 2020 necessitated selling kit. If that’s the case, I can empathise.

The sn2 might not be the significant upgrade you are looking for over the xs2. I think it won’t outclass your sources, but you should listen before committing to the amp change. You might prefer the balance of the xs range.

1 Like

He he good one
No sadly finances were tight and something had to give :face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

Thanks Robert
I must admit I am very happy with where I am
I was just thinking ahead to when finances are available as there seems to be good deals around just now
Wise advice re demoing before changing
All the best
Tony

Ohmicron strain.

2 Likes

In recompense

Public Health are issuing Statements…

(Coat. Hat.Door…)

2 Likes

Yea i sold my Impreza to pay for our wedding … Must love her!

The SN2 is an excellent amp and can drive almost any speakers. It can be had for a song these days. With the hicap you already have, it would definitely be a step up from the XS2.
I think about upgrading at times, then I listen to it and wonder why I would bother. And I still have an Israeli hicap. (Interim …)
Unless you go separates, the SN2 can easily be an end game amp.

1 Like

Quick! Play some Neil Young through it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.