Is Naim re-initiating factory visits?

When muggins arranged the Forum visit a few years back, a call went out on the Forum and people replied. We had more requests than places and I selected people on the basis of who seemed nice and who sounded interesting, and ideally both. It worked really well and everyone seemed to really enjoy it. Naim put in a huge amount of effort on the day, which was very much appreciated.

It took a lot of organising and liaising with Naim over the day’s programme. It’s one of those things that people like to happen, so long as someone else organises it. As @Richieroo started the thread, I say over to you.

4 Likes

Even if they are tin-coloured.

3 Likes

And your efforts were greatly appreciated Nigel. A very good day out.

Tin masks… As long as tin knickers are not required as well :open_mouth:

I have never visited Naim. I saw a few virtual visits. Looks impressive and a bit strange also. Snaic shakers :wink:

I’d also be interested in a post- COVID visit, if it’s possible.

What about a bring-your-own-burndy burndy relaxation workshop?

2 Likes

I don’t mind…glad to help…

Yep, stick me down for some of that too, post Covid.

I agree, the added bonus of putting faces to names would be great, well, so long as a few of my forum chums are able to make the trip, that is.

I will ring Naim tomorrow and see what the situation is regarding a forum visit to Naim Salisbury. I will let you all know what the outcome is…

4 Likes

I wonder what post Covid really means. We will never be truly post Covid so we’ve just got to get on with things, Naim factory visits included.

3 Likes

I’m just down the road from you and willing to provide company for the journey and share the petrol costs :wink:

1 Like

That was an excellent day out Nigel, and I realise how much time it took you to organise it. Much appreciated.

Meeting other forumites was a big part of the the day for me, and Naim certainly pushed the boat out to welcome, entertain and inform us.

@Richieroo, I would love to visit again and meet other forumites, but it seems you have a lot of interest, so I think you should give priority to those who have yet to go on a factory tour.

If there are spaces however….

1 Like

I wasn’t clear, I meant when Naim feel that the COVID situation is safe enough to allow people into their facility without endangering their staff and their ability to operate.

I’ve bad hope, the entire production area must be scattered with half build 372’s.

5 Likes

For my ten penny worth I too would like to go ,

Brilliant reply :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

Well I was going to ask Mr Dane/Mr Halibut about the best way of going about it…my first aim is to see if visits are programmed to be on…then if they are how many people can be accommodated…one step at a time sweet …

Most group factory tours are arranged by dealers. HH’s is the first mass visit arranged by a forum member, that I am aware of. Naim are clearly open to the idea of a forum-based factory tour but, as you say, you will need to establish if they are willing to restart factory visits, and who at their end is the right person to liaise with.

1 Like

I’d be interested to see HQ if possible. :grinning:

1 Like

I am with @NigelB its a great day out, but there are many people who have not had the chance…….so i will pass this time.

2 Likes