Is Neat Acoustics still on naim lovers radar?

What was your room size and distance from the wall behind them if I may ask Lindsay.

Another happy Neat owner here - in a second system I have a pair of Momentum SX5i and am very happy with them.

Indeed. For reasons I wonā€™t go into, I managed to fry one of the crossovers in the Neat Motive 2s I use in the system in our holiday home. A new one duly and swiftly arrived, and my offer of payment was waved aside. The Motive 2s never cease to astonish me, theyā€™re superb little speakers, and Iā€™ve always enjoyed the Neat models Iā€™ve heard further up the range.

I am very new to the Naim family having just gotten my system two weeks ago. After auditioning quite a number of speakers, I ended up with the Neat Momentum SX3i to pair with my Uniti Star (using NACA5 cables). Needless to say, I am very happy with them.

2 Likes

Pete, Iā€™d say very much on the radar of Naimers. Motive range are long-time proven with 5 series type kit, all the Iota range is interesting. I have owned Petites from the Classic range and they were good.

My opinion is that whichever good speakers you can get hold of in your country, and get support for, is more important than which speakers are in vogue.

My dealer tells me that Doug Graham, formerly of Naim, now works at Neat, which must count for somethingā€¦

Another happy naim / Neat owner here. Very happy with the speakers, and the support I got from the owner Bob Surgeoner during the first few weeks was first class which counts for a lot.

2 Likes

Love my Motive SX2 with Uniti Atom!

1 Like

Same here. Neat Motive SX2 and Uniti Atom are a great match!

1 Like

Not on the same scale as some of the impressive systems above, but my Naim Atom and tiny Neat Iotas work incredibly well. Sometimes I wonder how those small boxes can make such a big sound and the sound quality is just superb. I think there is a synergy between the firms - something in their DNA that makes them work so well together, and across the range.

I am going to upgrade soon and I have Naim streamers and amps on my shopping list and Neat and ATC for speakers, not unlike many posters here.

Tony

1 Like

Looking at the price of the Neat XL6 and I noticed it is a very similar price range of say a ProAc K3 or Focal Sopra 2 ( in GBP terms anyway ).

Is it really up there sound quality wise with these speakers ? Because if it is, they must be something special.

Iā€™ve owned motive 2s then momentums, then a long interlude with naim sl2s passive then active, then a demo for a stop gap pair of speakers found me favouring motive 3s.
My biggest leap of faith in my hifi journey was purchasing a new pair of xl10s having never heard them! There is something about the voicing of neat speakers that sounds very right to my ears.

The xl10s are all the speaker i will ever need, they possess scale and authority by the bucket load.

My first neats and my final neats were bought unheard because in New Zealand we have never had consistent representation for the neat brand.

I remember selling my motive 3s and the buyer demoed them on my system nds,252 and 300 and he said it was the best sound he had ever heard from a hifi system.
Which just goes to show they respond very well to the best electronics.

2 Likes

Nic, how much room have you given them & how far are you away from the speaker axis ?

Cheers , Pete

Originally I was going for a pair of Momentum SX5i, but after comparing them with Ultimatum XL6 a couple of times, I felt that Iā€™d rather double my budget and get what I really wanted, instead of changing later and I couldnā€™t be happier. :slight_smile:

Despite being a source first guy, I felt that I might as well get the speakers I really want and keep them while gradually building my Naim system step by step. I am currently at NDX2/NAC282/HiCap DR/NAP250 DR. Next move will either be Fraim or XPS DR (or 555PS DR)

Motive2 and a Unitiqute is my second system. Lovely! Makes me smile. The Boogie factor is so high :smiley:

2 Likes

Anyone interested in Neat Acoustics Momentum SX7i Speakers, there are currently a couple of new pairs available with over Ā£4,200 off from a reputable dealer (who Iā€™ve used several times before). Check them out at the bay or Creative Audio in the uk. Offers on Neat speakers are not just limited to the SX71ā€™s.

Wot, no XL10ā€™s? :disappointed_relieved:

Still, great shout though, Steve.:grinning:

3 Likes

Pretty anything designed by Derek Gilligan was and is terrific. Have Neat done anything else of note since he left and set up Kudos?

I have Ultimatum MFC, MFS, MF7, MF9 and XL10.

My most recent addition is a pair of Motive SX1 which sit on the end of a Uniti Atom.

Both the Iota, and itā€™s bigger sibling, the Xplorer have had some great reviews, and won several awards, whilst the revised Momentum and Ultimatum ranges have been well received.

Thereā€™s also the new Ekstra soon to be available, so I think itā€™s fair to say that Bob and Neat arenā€™t exactly sitting back and taking things for granted.

4 Likes

Thanks Dave. I have heard both Iota and Xplorer and didnā€™t think much of them, tbh, so genuinely wanted to know if they had produced anything that hadnā€™t been based on one of Derekā€™s earlier designs.