Is the DC1 cable directional like the HiLine?

Crazy question, is the DC1 cable directional?
I’ve searched the forum but haven’t seen the topic approached.

Yes, I think there’s a thread about this on the old forum. I haven’t used mine for ages, so can’t remember which way round it goes. FWIW, in a spirit of experimentation, I did try it the other way and couldn’t detect a difference, but no doubt others could.

Roger

1 Like

Thanks! I will “try” a search on the old site later this evening. I honestly forgot about the old forum and its wealth of information.

Tried it (Allo DigiOneSig → nDAC).

Made no difference

1 Like

Depends on what your using it to connect.
If your using the cable to connect a CD player to a dac stage you should ideally reverse it.
So it’s a 1CD cable. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

FWIW I find the direction with the DC1 label around the cable at the digital source/transport end sounds best with Chord Dave driven by my NDX2. Not much in it, but I do have preference.
I have no idea whether it is supposed to make a difference or not and can’t remember seeing anything about… I have arrived here through my own listening evaluation.

1 Like

Yes this is the way I’ll try it tonight. DC1 Label around the cable at the digital source/transport end, in my case the ND5X2…

The normal convention would be for the " n" of naim dc1 to be towards the digital source.

1 Like

Saying that, never tried it the other way. Can’t be arsed to fret over it. Doubt I could hear any difference anyway.
Just use mine to go between cd5xs and ndx2/xpsdr. Does a good job at that.

1 Like

I just looked and mine has been reversed for some time now to be honest. Anyway can’t hurt to get it right.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.