Is there a way to download purchased High Resolution downloads direct to the Core?

Is there a way to download purchased High Resolution downloads of albums direct to the Core?
I do have a MacBook Pro to do it with, but it seems longwinded to download it to my laptop then have to transfer it, when the Core is actually already attached to the laptop via the network.

When you choose a location to which you save the download, you can choose the Core as a network drive. No need to save it elsewhere if you don’t want to. You will probably want to save it to a second location too, as the Downloads folder is not included in the Core automated backups (unless that has changed recently.) Remember to make any metadata edits at this stage, too.

No there isn’t, except that the Core downloads folder should appear as a folder on your Mac and you can probably tell the Mac to save them there rather than to the Mac’s own SSD/HDD.

But you will likely want to mess around with the metadata so you may as well do that before you move them to the Core.

Best

David

1 Like

I use the Core backup feature to backup my music to a Synology NAS and it automatically includes both the /Music and /Downloads folders.

Core controlled backups do actually include both Music and Downloads folder (this is different to Unitiserve of course).

Best
David

I had a feeling this might have changed - at least that’s one US shortcoming that’s been addressed.

Yes I think it’s quite an attractive proposition now. But there are still some oddities, as I mentioned when we were at the factory recently.
Best

David

Yes, I’m still not sure I’d buy one if my US dies, but if the time comes, I’ll have another look at it then.

Sadly, for the first time in a long time, my setup is not allowing me to do what I need to do.My iPad and Core appear fine, and my Macbook Pro appears fine too. In the past, when I have wanted to drop folders containing music files directly into the Core’s Downloads folder, I have done it on the MacBook. Something is now preventing me doing that. If I open a new Finder window on the Macbook, as usual, scroll down the lefthand side to find my Core and click on it, normally that would have shown me the Music Folder and the Downloads folder on the Core’s SSD. But at the moment it doesn’t. It says ‘Connection Failed’ and if I click on ‘Connect As’, ‘Connection Failed’ changes to’No Connection’. Clearly I have upset a setting somewhere. I have tried powering off and on, and resetting everything: the app, and the Core, and the MacBook, and the network itself, to no avail. Help, please!

I’m afraid I don’t know enough about Macs to help you with this. But I think you are not very likely to get help hiding away (as it were) at the end of this thread which has been dormant for some time. I suggest you start a new thread with a relevant title and post your question again there. I will read any replies with interest. You may also find that Naim support will know if there is an issue here that others have reported and solved.
Best

David

Does the Core use SMB V1? If so updates on your Mac may have removed the ability to connect. This happens on Windows too and can be fixed by re-enabling SMB V1.

I have had something similar happen on a Mac, both with my HDX and with my NAS backup. The folders show up in the Finder, but when I double–click on one of them there is an error message “content not available,” or something like that (not quite what you are experiencing). Maybe I’ve also had “connection failed,” don’t remember. But in all cases, doing a restart on the Mac has solved the problem.

No the Core doesn’t use SMB1 (but US and HDX do).

Best

David

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.