Is this normal? ND555 screen line

Yeah, that must be a real pain, but hopefully third time lucky!

You are right about the film on the screen, its why i had not noticed before, plus i use screen off most of the time

To replace one ND555, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to replace two looks like carelessness.”

They lost me…i did not lose them…
thats my story your honour.

1 Like

QA is so important for a business to be successful. Otherwise all that hard work during concept and design is wasted (and ultimately leads to damage of the brand). I saw that Naim recently were hiring for a new Director of QA engineering - so maybe it will take a while to get “new” processes in place.

My screen is perfect no lines visible. Glad Naim are so quick to respond and replace the faulty unit. The knowledge that Naim will resolve any problems takes away the stress of owning such expensive pieces of equipment.

1 Like

Hopefully 3rd time lucky Gazza !

The guys at Signals and Naim have been fantastic, not a single arguement, just a bit of a shame…its a wonderful streamer.

1 Like

What lead time have you been quoted for a replacement?

I have not been given a date, i was not that bothered to be honest as it is not affecting sound quality. I expect 4 to 6 weeks or so.

OK. I was promised as I noticed the issue almost immediately that my replacement should be here tomorrow or early next week. I’ll let you know what the new one is like.

For me the screen line is only very visible witha darkened room, hopefully Naim will QA in a dark room

I pick my new unit up on friday

Yes, I picked mine up today and STILL the same.

I have no words NAIM!!! Calling dealer now.

Look at this:-

Do you have a picture of your screen?

Sorry no, all boxed up. Can,t believe you still have the line on screen.

I literally have no words… Maybe everyone has 3 ND555’s before it’s right.

Oh my dealer offered to check mine out before i collect, so i accepted his offer

I’ve asked the dealer to escalate with their Naim account rep. I just do not understand it.

Either incredible bad luck or quite a few are slipping through Quality checks.