Is this the beginning of the end?

First of the avalanche

We did for many years and they were a stunning combination, if it wasn’t for the need of having speakers that would sit against a wall we would still have them together

well both are individual and unique brands

building a brand takes enormous effort. I am sure the shareholders understand this

I would not be interested in a “NaimFocal” product. I am quite sure others would not be either.

it is nice to know the Muso has drivers from Focal though.

1 Like

In my experience working for EDF and Ericsson, they were excellently managed even though owned by “foreigners”.

1 Like

Plenty of good things come from working together on projects; the latest Mu-So2 is a good example of making a great product even better through Naim and Focal sharing expertise.

4 Likes

Talking of Anglo french collaboration don’t forget the concord projrdct slight budget overrun there😂

Would that include the ND555 user manual, which Charlie promised soon after his arrival?

2 Likes

But what a feat of engineering. It’s still pretty awesome half a century on.

1 Like

Yooowww :smirk_cat:

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

(Would be nice to have one though - don’t think I’d ever use it mind you! - but nice to have)

But a wonderful amazing product, never matched or beaten for what it was capable of doing. And if it hadn’t been for restrictions by countries it flew over and hence usable routes it likely would have sold many more.

I’m not sure of the current status on that. Maybe Clare knows…

This whole topic reminds me of a time when a VW customer complained to me (in customer service) that his polo had some Seat marked parts in it. He had bought a German car and this was disgraceful. Imagine how he felt when I told him the car wasn’t made in Germany. Happy days…

2 Likes

The only thing people need to do to judge whether Naim is on the right track in their view, is to wait for the next few new products. If they aren’t making what you like at a price you can afford, then you’ll have your answer.

Any other speculation is largely a waste of time. And besides, it’s only a company. I dare say if they magically vanished tomorrow, we’d find other ways to get on with our lives and still listen to music.

10 Likes

And choose another maker.
A brand can’t please everybody, everytime.

Still, i think people should wait for future results …

It can even, maybe, be better managed than before. Or worse. But the managing is also a spirit of a brand. With a french directory, or all non uk directory, Naim will loose a bit of his identity. It’s not about business, money, management…but spirit and particularity.

1 Like

There aren’t many manufactures that still support their back catalogue so well, much of their success has been built on that as well as the quality of the current catalogue. Companies evolve, products will change, who’d have thought 20 years ago that streaming would be such a thing, dinosaurs like me still can’t get their heads around that, I’m still struggling with CDs. I don’t think the spirit of Naim as a brand will change or at least I hope not, we may see more mainstream products and would that be a bad thing considering the sound quality of a lot of stuff out there? But I don’t see the company ethos changing, they will continue to make high end audio and look after their back catalogue where it is still physically possible

1 Like

Chin up you Brits.

Its not the beginning of the end, but the end of the beginning only.

6 Likes

This is just the beginning, not only the Aro reborn, the Nat 06, but the Naim TT 01, you wait and see!

It’s the removal of one post from the management structure. It’s hardly the apocalypse.

5 Likes

…now.

This is true in the grand scale of things it’s hardly apocalyptic. The “removal” of Naim’s most senior post of managing director is however significant.

1 Like