Is your dealer on here, and still going strong?

Sadly yes.

1 Like

Billy Vee (No 1 on list, natch) still going strong and I still buy my Naim gear from them. First buy was a shoebox NAC62/NAP90 sometime in 1989/90

I got Salisbury hi-fi to make up 5m of NACA 5 for me many years ago. Sadly, long gone.

You mean this guy :thinking:

1 Like

Yep, No.4 on the list. I don’t think they’d been open that long in 1994. Prior to Oranges and Lemons there was another Hi-Fi shop in Webbs Road (different shop slightly further up) called RPM also Naim dealers where I first head the Nait 1 which I couldn’t afford.

There was a thread here when Derek died, some touching (and very justified) tributes to a lovely guy.

I was another SO London customer, that list surprised me when I realised I still knew 403 2255 off by heart. Lovely guys who loved music and knew hifi well.
When my ES14s died from a lightning strike around 2007 I bought my first piece of kit in 14 years from Grahams hifi, I’m glad they’re still around.
My current dealer, Audio-T Manchester, is nowhere to be seen and it’s interesting to note that neither Leeds or Manchester had a dealership back in 1994. (Or I’m even more unobservant than normal.)

Rayleigh Hi-Fi for me too.
I started dealing with the Rayleigh branch in April 1986, switching to Chelmsford sometime after it opened around 1989. I eventually saw the light and bought my first Naim gear (72 & 140) in March 1994!
Rob and his staff have given and continue to give outstanding service to both me and my late father in law and are an absolute credit to the industry.

Thanks,

To be honest didn’t know him very well. Just used to have a bit of chat when I took my LP12 in.

Yep, I was more surprised by the places that did not have easy access to naim gear.
And how some dealers had entire regions sown up. ( SW England).
And, if you lived in Salisbury and wanted naim, where was your nearest dealer? Basingstoke? Certainly nothing in Southampton. Although I did think there was a dealer in Chandlers Ford at the time? This was at a time when I was working for a film company in Southampton. ( cling film). More North Baddesleywood, than Hollywood.

No and Yes.

When I am back in the UK, then I visit Soundcraft in Ashford. Very good.

Sorry Biglloydy, I was not supposed to reply to you, but the thread in general.

1 Like

Still the same phone number too. ( not that I know it!)

(not Sevenoaks)
Audio T. still there.

There still is … but you have to work there to shop from there.

1 Like

Doug brady as far as k ow is still trading in Warrington
Used him a lot many years ago but not in the last 15 years
Does anyone know if doug is still with us in person he was a nice old man full off knowledge and very easy to talk to

I have my Northampton and St Albans dealers mixed up. There was hi fi dealer on Hollywell Hill St Albs where memory tells me I got the Kans. Northampton Gold Street was where I first demo’d the Nait 2.

I bought my first Naim boxes in 1983 from Sound Advice in Loughborough, run by Derek Whittington and his lovely wife Clare. I spent hours there and was even trained to be their Saturday boy, but unfortunately the current Saturday boy decided not to leave. Their experience and enthusiasm was second to none and they were the best dealer I’ve ever experienced. Sadly it all went wrong and they are no more.

When I moved to South London I used Spaldings in Croydon, who were ok but nothing more, and they are no longer with us.

We moved to the south coast in 1992 and since then I’ve been going to Audio-T in Portsmouth. It may have still been Jeffries back then, I’m not sure. Nick Chapman was manager back then and he’s still there and as knowledgeable and helpful as ever.

2 Likes

Don’t remember it being Sevenoaks in 94?
I’m sure the shop is still in the same place though.

Bought my first Naim kit from Audio Counsel (Oldham) in 2000. No longer a Naim dealer but still going. Don’t know when Acoustica started but must have been since 1994.

I used to often gaze at the kit in the window of Audio Excellence on Crwys Road in 84-85 (my final year of university in Cardiff)

1 Like

I know Billy Vee is still going. I grew up a 60 second walk away from their shop and as a kid would often just stand outside staring at what new things were in the window displays.

1 Like