Is your dealer on here, and still going strong?

I have even known him to jump on a plane, fly to Perth and then catch another plane to Port Hedland to service Naim equipment for a long standing customer

Now that is the ultimate dedication to customers and the Naim brand

With whatā€™s going on with the distribution at present itā€™s comforting to know that they are able to service our stuff.

Itā€™s a shame that it now seems the responsibility of the dealer to service Naim as itā€™s apparently (yet to be confirmed) the distributor isnā€™t interested.

Yep I know , Iā€™m not getting a warm comfortable feeling at all .

Bloody hell its hot today :flushed:

It is. Weā€™re lucky weā€™re on the coast and getting a beautiful sea breeze. Tomorrow and Tuesday might be different as the wind is expected to turn west bringing a hot wind.

Yes, I suppose itā€™s all relative.

1 Like

Yes ! Thatā€™s him !!

Great guy.

I was a regular at Peter Martin/Synergy AV too. Peter was the home automation & AV guy and Phil was Mr 2 channel. Great guys. I ended up doing some work for them, shooting the interiors after they had a major revamp inside. I could easily spend hours in that place. Phil now has is own place in Crewe (Cheshire Audio).

Like you though, Iā€™ve now ended up at Acoustica in Chester.

Cheers, Rack.

My dealer is still there and going strong. Infidelity across the Thames in Kingston. They are not to far from where I live which helps. Excellent service for many years, too long to remember.
I used to be a customer of Studio 99 in Swiss Cottage untl they closed and that goes back to the last century!
A dealer with commitment to their customers is on a par with the products they sell.

Interesting list.
My first dealer was SO, back in the 1980ā€™s, later in the mid 1990ā€™s, when I moved abroad, I bought my Olive system from the Sound Gallery.
In between I used to visit the Cornflake Shop, be cause it was run by friends of a friend.
I made a pilgrimage to SO York a few years ago but Haimish was not around.

1 Like

Didnā€™t Phil used to work at Doug Bradys in Warrington. I seem to remember buying some stuff off him in the 80s.
I also now use Acoustica

Iā€™ve used several main Naim dealers (depending upon availability of 2nd hand Naim stuff, and cartridges and speakers) all still going, and all without exception excellent.

Regards,

Lindsay

Thanks for the mentions above to those who have posted.

In answer to your oldest dealer question, here is a copy of an April 1982 price & retailer list that we found in with a NAC42 that was originally purchased new from ā€œThe Old Schoolā€ version. Now sits with its partnering NAP110 in our Naim ā€œmuseumā€ here at the ā€œThe Old Barnā€ version.

NB Prices are exc. of VAT and the footnotes make for interesting reading.

9 Likes

Yeah, I think he did. Heā€™s top bloke. Havenā€™t seen or hear of Pete since they closed the shop though. There used to a Linn dealer just a few streets away from them too but I canā€™t remember the name of the place. I did have demo of the top Linn CD system at the time even though I and the dealer it was well out of my reach.

That must have been 20 years ago at least.

Whereā€™s the time gone/going so fast!

Yeah, Synergy were very helpful. I remember one Xmas, when I was moving on from my XS setup, I was unsure whether to go integrated or separates. So they lent me a SN1, HC, 200, 202 and NAPSC to play with over Christmas. I had a very busy 12 days that year!

Roger

A great list. Intresting that some dealers have changed their names since 1982. But the giveaway is their address!
Or even those dealers who have changed both name and address but who are still geographically located in the same area.

Do we have any dealer lists from the early '70s? That will start to home in on our oldest dealers who are still naim dealers now. Mine claims to be one of those. There will be a small number who were dealers from day 1 and still are.

That would be an interesting list for sureā€¦

Julian from AudioT Brighton, previously at Jeffries is now retires - his colleagues are still there though and doing fabulous jobs with Naim and Linn.

1 Like

ā€˜Radfordsā€™ were the biggest ā€˜noiseā€™ for HiFi in the bristol area in my early days, long gone, I first heard of this when I rang their number and found that one of the smaller HiFi shops had bought their number, what a neat trick!

1 Like

Can you remember the name of the other Naim dealer in Chester? It was either Audio T or Audio Excellence. Just knew they were a chain and I had my 282 from them and possibly my 250.2.

They arenā€™t on that list and have now gone anyway.

First dealer: Chris Brookes. Still going, but no longer a Naim dealer (just Linn IIRC) :frowning:
In-between: Jeffries Hi-Fi Brighton (now Audio-T). Sound Organisation London (closed down). Sound Gallery High Wycombe, still going strong.
Last Dealer: Audio-T, but the local branch to me closed down last year. :frowning: