IsoAcoustics Gaia speaker feet

The ISOAcoustics range is sensitive if you go over the weight limit. There are a few reviews where the sound gets worse if the wrong one is used. There are helpful graphs on their website.

1 Like

Hi Timmo,

I think Newcomerā€™s point was that the maximum weight for Gaia IIIs is 32kg whereas your speakers are 44kgs.

Keith

3 Likes

To @Thedomestique before you just Start throwing money at the problem Howā€™s your setup? How much room behind and to the sides? You might just need a bit of adjusting? How about a picture or twoā€¦ worth a thousand words

1 Like

Hi @opus. I am not just throwing money at the problem, just asking for peopleā€™s own experiences with these feet on their own systems speakers as a matter of research before I try and demo the product. Room is about 4.5m by 3.8m fyi. Just using the forum for adviceā€¦

2 Likes

I have been using the Gaia II feet under my Dynaudio Contour S 3.4 LE with very good results. Our floor is a 13 year old concrete floor with PVC topping. The Dyns were on the original spikes before, but adding the Gaias improved mainly the bottom end, but also voice imaging. I have not taken them away anymore and I have been very satisfied since.

5 Likes

I get that - I simply couldnā€™t be bothered to look up my emails to i/d the number of the model I trialled, which was the correct one for the weight of speaker. Simple fact - correct Gaias used, didnā€™t work. Nothing more to be said. Thanks.

2 Likes

I have Gaia IIIs under my Audio Physics Tempo Plus floor standers and also noticed a definite improvement, primarily in the bass. Iā€™m curious as to how you would characterize change by adding Oreas under electronics, both qualitatively and whether or more less than the improvement under you speakers. Thanks.

2 Likes

My advise was to make sure you have speakers correctly setup before you buy expensive tweaks. Personally I prefer the Stillpoints. And Iā€™ll ask again. How far are the speakers off the back wall behind them?

29cm from Wall to the back of the speakers.

I find the responses here quiet interesting ā€¦ the majority saying the Gaiaā€™s improved bass

I found in my setup the oposite ā€¦ bass became bloated and the overall sound just became average hi-fi

It lost that fast slightly forward presentation that drew me to Naim in the first place.
The tight deep bass that could be felt dissapeared

My room is 6.5 x 4.5 x 3m and I didnā€™t have any issues with the original sound but was curious to see if these could add anything positive

My advise would be try before you buy as they will not suit all people / systems
And yes they were the correct model / weight and were aligned as described in instructions

Rgds

3 Likes

In the main system, as you can see in the pic below, all the electronics is located between the speakers, and therefore very exposed to vibrations, not so much from the ground, which is solid concrete, but from the air waves that the speakers move.

The rack, Norstoneā€™s Spider model, already has a double decoupling and insulation system, but despite this, I decided to try adding the Orea between the rack shelves and the 1 cm thick tempered glass on which the two sources rest.

The qualitative result is, fortunately, more of the same, improvement of the low frequencies, increase of soundstaging and image, and better extension in the treble, although the effect seems much more subtle to me than in the speakers; where the effect of isolating on electronics is most noticeable is in the silence, the diminution of noises, hiss and hums by more or less parasitic vibrations, more silence and more really listening of electronics performance.

But I say fortunately because, from these good results in the main system, and in the face of a vibration problem in our bedroom system, I thought to try the Orea Graphite. This system is small and more modest; a pair of ProAC Tablette 10 SE hooked to a Marantz HD AMP1, sourced by a ProJect streamer, and supported by a JLAudio D108 sub, which is located just below the amplifier, so through the furniture where they both are housed it transmits many vibrations to the amplifier. The system sounded very organic, vivid and realistic before introducing the Orea Graphite, which turned out to be quite disastrous in this configuration, turning off the sound, backwarding or delaying the mids too much and flattening all the sound; there they didnā€™t work well and finally I solved it with some Inakustik sorbotane absorbers, much more current and cheap, but that in that configuration work much better and perfectly, isolating from parasitic vibrations the amplifier without altering its sound signature.

Therefore, corollary, always, if you can, better try before deciding and buying, because in this HIFI universe there is no universal solution.

4 Likes

Thanks very much. Very helpful.

1 Like

Iā€™d recommend moving the speakers out at lest another foot or more. Rear wall proximity always increases bass boom unless the speakers are made for near wall placementā€¦ what speakers do you have ?

Hi. I have Audiovector R3 speakers.

1 Like

Those are nice, but they need more space around them 75cm to the back wall , should fix bass boom

I was also evaluating the Gaia supports ā€¦ has anyone ever tried them with Sbl? at the moment they are resting on laminate flooring covering the old bricks ā€¦

Also got Audiovector speakers , so if you do ever try the IsoAcoustics feet then please let me know how you get on with them as I also have a bit of an overblown bass. Yes they are a ā€œsafeā€ distance from the rear wall

1 Like

I bought them after hearing a demo at the Bristol Hi-Fi show a couple of years back. I was initially surprised that they allow for speaker movement in certain planes - something I have spent decades trying to prevent. But, as long as they are fitted correctly (see instructions), this doesnā€™t seem to matter!
They make a big difference to my Dali Epicon 6. Bass initially seemed to be diminished in weight and authority but after a while I realised that ā€˜bloatā€™ had been replaced by clarity and precision. The orchestral bass drums at the opening of Mahler 3 now had pitch as well as oomph! I can now hear exactly how (very) low these boys can go! They do dump a lot of vibration into the floor (mine is oak) so I made sure the speaker cables were lifted off the floor. All of my electronics is on spikes and isolating platforms on dedicated furniture so that didnā€™t suffer.
Recommended! (And I agree they look nice, too.)

2 Likes

Hi Alan,

Good to hear they made a big difference to the sound.

Interesting that they dump a lot of vibration back into the floor though as I was hoping/thought this would of been the opposite and less vibration transmitted into the floor and back up through the electronicsā€¦

Hi all I use the Gaia underneath my Neat Xplorer speakers. As I have to place them 6 inches from the walls they make a hell of a difference

4 Likes