Isoblue Shelf

I’m thinking of replacing my solid tech radius rack for an isoblue (mainly for aesthetic reasons).
Does anyone know the weight limit for each shelves? My heaviest item is about 30Kg

Also what are the opinions of the isoblue vs hifiracks podium?
Regards.

I’m not aware of any specified weight limit for Isoblue, but I’m sure a simple phone call to them would provide an answer.

Those HiFiRacks Podiums are clearly made from chopped up kitchen worktops, and I find it hard to believe that a high mass solid timber product is designed for performance. Personally I’d go for the Isoblue.

2 Likes

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply. I was just wondering if anyone had asked the question before. I hoped to find the info on their website (like it is on the hifi-racks site). I understand what you mean by chopped up kitchen work surface, though some swear by large slabs of maple! My first choice is the isoblue.

1 Like

I’ve been using Isoblue for a few years now, and I like the fact that it’s more like an ordinary piece of wooden household furniture than most racks.

2 Likes

The Isoblue shelves appear sleek and slimline but are sturdier than they look. Very nicely engineered. The bottom rack has thicker feet than the rest - the compressed weight of multiple shelves full of amps etc must be considerable. I also like the aesthetics of this shelving system and have no hesitation in recommending it.

1 Like

I’ve used Isoblue since the beginning of my Naim journey adding shelves as the system has grown. I’ve never compared it to anything else but have never felt compelled to change it.

It looks good in our room in a simple unassuming way, the system sounds good and my wife hasn’t objected to it. Another recommendation from me.

3 Likes

I have my 38kg Vitus RI-101 MkII integrated amp on the top shelf of my 3 tier Isoblue rack with no problem :wink: :+1:t3: :sunglasses:

1 Like

That’s good to know. Thanks for the info

Didn’t you notice his user name… :joy::joy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.