Isoblue to Fraim

Of course. It’s not cheap but then nor is anything else Naim make. The OP has tens of thousands of pounds worth of Naim electronics already so I would have thought putting it all on the best support would be recommended. As I said I’ve no idea how isoblue compares performance-wise to Naim but to my eyes it certainly looks far superior and at least he’d know that his top grade electronics are supported by the thing Naim designed to support it.

To be clear, even I have a Fraim rack on a system here!
What’s interesting here is the fact the New Classic range doesn’t fit so well with Fraim. If you look at all the marketing material the NSC 222 is always either on a sideboard or sat on the top shelf of a Fraim rack, it’s compromised in certain cabling arrangements and that’s only resolved where it’s sat on the top shelf with no rear Fraim leg obstructions.
Distance between black boxes and cable dressing play a big part here also.
You’re absolutely right it’s a good choice and all investments are relative of course, ideally I’d be wanting to at least try and hear equivalent systems on both racking types first where possible.
I always liked the HRS racks as one of a number of high end options.

3 Likes

I’d say it is a safe bet Naim will release a new fraim. It’s due for an update, it looks very dated in my view.

1 Like

There is dated and dated. Dated can be good. My mid century Fraim.

5 Likes

Looking forward to you starting up that “Show us your wax cylinders” thread soon :partying_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.