Isolation feets under your boxes?

I suppose this goes back to what comes first SQ or Looks I’m of the opinion that any isolation under a turntable is a good thing.

How thick and is it toughened glass?

Indeed, I was just about to say the same thing. A TT is possibly the only component I’d actively try to support but I’ve currently got a 1210 and it’d play fine through an earthquake so haven’t bothered.

Although I’d echo what was mentioned previously that most additional isolation looks a bit dodgy to me. In this respect I go for looks over some % gain that I’m not overly fussed about.

10mm thick toughened glass.

1 Like

They work really well - use them too under the granite isolation platform under my SN2 and under my Fyne F501’s. Really deaden vibrations and help to tighten up bottom end on speakers (especially when sitting on wood). I also have them under the monitor speakers in my study too.

2 Likes

One thing I noticed about using Quadraspire reference feet was they worked better as a three than as a four. They also worked better directly in contact with the base of the NDX2 than under the feet, obviously a necessity when moving to just three but the same applied when using four.
I’m sure this would apply to most isolation feet as if you think about it applying isolation material to what is supposed to already isolate could make matters worse

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.