Issue with display uniti and unitiqute

Hi all - I have been with Naim for the last 20 years or so - I have two secondary systems which both have issues with the screen (Uniti early model and Unitiqute) - they are rarely used but nevertheless - both are very dim and hard to read. My main system (Nac272, xps dr and 250 dr) is fine. Have any any others had issues such as this? For products that are rarely used (mostly switched off as well) I am surprised at the deterioration. In the past I have owned a lot of Naim gear - CD2, Nac282, hicaps, 200, 250, integrated amps etc etc.

Thoughts and solutions appreciated.

Jonathan

Welcome to the fórum.
Indeed there are a percentage of faults related with the screen of that Uniti’s generation.
If i where you; i would send it to repair because althought expensive, you probably couldnt find a better sounding product for the money.

As Cardoso says this is quite common on older “green screen” Unitis and streamers. It also affects the 272 and to minimise your risk you should set the screen to go off after a few seconds.

The units will need to go back to Naim or to an approved service centre if in another country.

It’s quite an expensive repair, but your dealer or Naim support can tell you the details.

Best

David

Thanks - I use the units very little as they are second and third systems - the screen does go off after a few minutes.

Still I’m disappointed - as I have a failure rate of 66%… cost to repair is E400 each - which is a crazy amount in my view - I would have appreciated it if Naim could subsidise the cost in some way - eg do the screens at cost?.

Cheers

Jonathan
ps: I’m in Athens - Greece
pps: Im not a new member - but somehow my previous login/posts were lost.

The forum moved to a new platform over a year ago and we all had to sign up from scratch again.

It would be worth putting your 272 onto a really short screen on time. I use 10 secs on mine which is I think the shortest.

Best

David

Yes. My knowledge says is transverse in that products.

Are either or both on the old 96k streaming boards? If you put a unit in for the 192k board upgrade, the screen would be replaced as part of that work (and therefore effectively free). The streamer boards upgrade adds Tidal capability to the old units.

1 Like

Gavin - thanks for the thought - I believe the Unitqute is not yet 192 - so your suggestion is a good one - I need to check the Uniti.

Cheers

Jonathan

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.