Issues with QNAP firmware update 4.5.1.1456 and Asset UPnP

PeterP the moderator on the Asset forum has just posted that you will be able to access the Asset config page by typing the following link into your browser : http://name-of-your-NAS:45537/ You will be able to see the name of your QNAP server in Qfinder.

It’s probably a good idea to save your weblink in your bookmarks in case you need it in the future.

1 Like

Only tangentially connected to this topic but if you use the “Style” field in your browse tree and have updated to Asset R7 you may notice that it does not work i.e. you will see the next field down in the browse tree. The reason being that the data field has been omitted in the latest release although it still appears in the tree builder.

You can remedy this issue by opening the config page/Advanced and clicking on “Edit database fields (advanced users only)” and adding the word “style” to the bottom of the long list of fields.

You may have to do this for each instance.

I have reported the issue on the Asset forum so hopefully it will be remedied when R7.1 is released.

QNAP have now fixed this issue in their latest firmware update 4.5.1.1465.

2 Likes

I’ve just upgraded my QNAP TS-453 Pro from 4.4.X to 4.5.1.1480 and initially encountered issues.

The AppCenter was reporting that Asset and another application I have installed didn’t have a digital signature. If you started the application the QNAP would stop it after a minute or so. It was not possible to keep it running.

It appears that you need to have the ‘Allow installation of applications without a valid digital signature’ option checked. This is found in the settings area of the AppCenter.

I also discovered on another forum that you can enable applications in the QBoost application, this saves using QManager on a mobile device. You need to ensure that you have made the settings change above first before enabling it otherwise it will just be disabled again.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.