It all went Pete Tong!

That’s what JBLs are for, you get an extra Bel for your Watt over those ATCs.

9 ‘o’ clock for me as well all sources. Then again i guess it will depend on the music and how you like to listen and also how old one is😂

1 Like

It’s interesting to hear peoples views on loud - on my system listening to the NDX at 7.00 there is no sound and 9.0 normal listening , so 12.00 although loud isn’t distorting , I can only conclude that not all 250’s are calibrated to the same levels ?

1 Like

I doubt that there is a significant variation in gain between 250s. Listening at 12:00 must be because you like to listen to loud heavy metal or rock music. I doubt anyone likes to listen to piano at that volume

Obviously, when comparing volume levels, hearing loss is a variable that might account for turning up the volume knob…

It also depends on the recording level, some of the older ones preceded the loudness wars.

1 Like

Yes and most of that stuff is unlistenable compared to say an ecm new series recording

If it was serviced by Naim it would be exactly calibrated. :wink:

1 Like

Well, I would say within spec. which should be good enough

Mushy just needs to buy a pair of 135s, which have cooling fans, then all will be well.

They are also capable of making a lot more noise than the 250, so that’s an added bonus - unless they blow up the loudspeakers!

2 Likes

I thought the OP meant he came back from the pub and put loud music on at midnight!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.