It seems the planet is in safe hands. Here’s to the future!

Oh yes they’ll all be supporting Greenpeace, Extinction Rebellion etc

Yep. But it’s wasteful and as usual it’s someone else’s problem to clear up the mess.

3 Likes

Apparently a forum member thought it was inappropriate, flagged it, and the moderators agreed.

Bit of a mystery really. :disguised_face:

2 Likes

I’m sure that no one on the forum did anything foolish or thoughtless at the age of 16 and that we all had fully formed and mature social consciences at that age. Glad to see the ancient British sport of punching down to attack the young is alive and kicking

4 Likes

Indeed but we had parental guidance and we didn’t think the world revolved around us. I was brought up not to drop litter.
At 16 I had paid employment weekends and evenings, I was at Salford Tech College during the day and was fixing my car in readiness for passing my driving test.

1 Like

Naughty cat! Off you go quickly copying the community guidelines on paper by using a pen 10 times.

1 Like

Yes we can. Please tell them there is hope and they have power and not to give in!

Read Charles Clover’s most recent book for some general hope on fixing our ailing planet

1 Like

The reports have disappeared, I have a family member on the POW , and I have been very muted in what I say.

1 Like

Judging by the sewage going into our rivers , I’m not singling out any generation .

3 Likes

That explains it. Mind you it should not have been on the jokes page. Accidents happen … even at sea.

Apologies @Ian2001 . I did note your interest, and I share your concern. My ties to the RN are a generation or two ago. I see speculation about where to berth in dry dock is rife. Seems strange that there is not one large enough in England, although it may well be about cost rather than size.

I agree…but we can all do what we can in regard to our actions. The festival site as pictured just looks to me like the result of people who are used to someone forever tidying up after them.

I sincerely admire your positivity and determination.
My comment was meant more as a wake up tp those who think that riding their bicycle more often and composting their banana peels is making a difference.
The charities like the one you mention, need some substantial donations from all of us in the form of around 5k per year. As it takes many, many millions of dollars and pounds for them to be able to sway the powers that be into doing the right (popularity and vote destroying) things.
JMHO

There should be a pilot on board for that sort of thing .

Somebody , somewhere is having a very stressful and worried time.

And my heart goes out to them.

1 Like

Hence my slightly frowning smiley. I couldn’t imagine just leaving all the kit, and even if waste facilities were not up to scratch at least leave if by the bins if you can’t be arsed to take it home.

The mess is awful, litter bins look quite inadequate compared to the number of tents per area.

1 Like

Agree very stressful and I hope there is no disciplinary.

1 Like

I totally agree with you about taking your rubbish home with you. The tents are slightly different , in that many of these tents end up with rough sleepers . They’re not all trashed for landfill and energy

1 Like

If this repair indeed is going to take place in Rotterdam, I’m going to take a look.

My granddad was a shiprepairman there.

1 Like

Not too much different to what developed countries are doing to the undeveloped countries of the world currently. Living high off the hog while other people pay the price.

1 Like

The rubbish left at Woodstock.

6 Likes

Presumably the big difference is the amount of plastic waste now.

1 Like