It's taken 20 years, but I have finally arrived

Lovely speakers. What speakers do the Kudos speakers replace?

Excellent - Linn, Naim and Titans here too! The 505s were the first Titans I heard and I really enjoyed them. Look forward to hearing how you get on with them.

Interesting that you say 20 years and you have arrived - just over 21 years for me to “arrive”.

2 Likes

@Antz well done, result. Mine arrive in 2 days, I’ll be sorry to see the S20s go but the 505s are a compulsive listen.

Regards,

Lindsay

3 Likes

Lovely to hear without even going beyond the thread title for details.

Go Lindsay!

I have not heard the 505s, and reading this I will make a point not to.

Happy where I am, happy where I am, happy …and repeat.

Congrats.

3 Likes

Kudos Titans are a fabulous way to end a 20 year hifi journey Ant. I did the same thing (but it took me 44 years). Job done.

2 Likes

Thanks for all comments, just on computer to log invoice and register with Kudos will then spend the morning fine tuning speaker position

I updated my excel sheet with serial numbers, cost purchase, replacement cost etc, below shows the percentage spent vs total cost of system

whilst I have always worked on source first, balance in the system to me is also as important, as a foot note (I only use the NDX for FLAC & Iradio, and to be honest although purchased in 2014 as new the NDX still has plenty of music in it)

time to fiddle and fetter !!! :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes

in the 20 years of my journey only owned 3 sets,

Plan is the B&W 805’s will go on my sons system either at home or in his flat in London, loved the 805’s losts of music for the price - they just like lot’s of control

1. Spendor S6e - great first speaker matched with 200 Non DR & 202
  2. B&W 805 N - big step up lot’s of detail and focus used with 200, 300 & 300DR 282,252
  3. Kudos Titan 505
1 Like

Thanks. I’ve only had Kans and SBLs, but the Titan range looks very interesting.

2 Likes

:rofl:

Nice system though. :+1:t5:

2 Likes

Hi Antz, I have a system similar to your but 250DR, 606 and CDX2+XPSDR. Based on your experience what may be next step? NDX2 to replace CDX2 or 300DR? Apart the different source support, is NDX2 really better in sound quality compared to CDX2 played with the same file 16/44? :wink:

Congrats ! Definitely go for a Karousel - and a Keel !

I moved from CDX2/XPS to bare NDX in 2014 and never regretted the move

I only listen to FLAC, I don’t stream, so is plan to digitally copy CD’s ?
The NDX2 is a great musical player and with your PSU

I did not find any downgrade from moving my cd collection to digital and high res is superb

I would demo NDX2 with PSU

2 Likes

Thank you very much Antz, I already ripped all my 2000 CDs so I may be ready to jump to NDX2. 300DR can wait, I think source in my case is more important.

I’ve been using Peter at Cymbiosis for a number of years and both he and his team are very helpful.

I too, was looking at the TP Javelin, but ended up getting an ex-demo Ekos SE. No regrets with that.

I have the Keel and got the Karousel at the same time. (Good upgrade). Also have the Tangerine Karmen as well. I had the Urika fitted a while ago and also now use the Chord Shawline to the Radikal. Initially I used the Linn cable, but the Shawline was so much better.

My speakers are Kudos Titan 606 which are now active with a Snaxo 242 tuned for the Titans. Peter came to my house initially to install the 606s and again later on to make them active.

Very pleased with the Linn / Naim / Kudos combo , but also importantly, the missus likes it as well.

Also looking forward to getting back into Cymbiosis when the lockdown has eased.

9 Likes

Interested to read this - I got a cds2 in preference to cdx2 in 2004 as I preferred it hugely. Had an NDX for a few months recently (until I sold to help pay for upgrades in main system) and I really enjoyed it in second system - hugely better than the nd5xs I replaced the cds2 with (before getting NDS). Slightly regretting selling the NDX but wanted to keep cost to change (to 808s) down

1 Like

Superb system

Yes to getting back to Cymbiosis and soon, last May seems like time ago

1 Like

From reading your thread your system is settling in nicely

My look at NDX2 at some point, can’t stretch to ND555 or the new Linn Oganic @ 30K

1 Like

Ndx2/xpsdr was roughly equivalent in SQ to my cds2 with some tracks better on streamer at times.
Now have ndx2/555dr ps which has overall better sound than cds2.
Having all the great radio stations via Naim app is great advantage and I have no regrets selling both my cds2 and my NAT 01.
David