Jazz Music Thread

I believe he is 82 now and still playing !
The more I listen to this album, the more I like it - just wonderful !!

1 Like

Dave

4 Likes

For those are aren’t aware, Craft is kicking off their Contemporary 70th Anniversary series with two great Ornette Coleman titles. I believe this will have 25 titles total. I have my order in at Amazon. :slight_smile:

This is going to be sweeeet!!!

4 Likes

Having my system complete again today, time to play music. This was released earlier this week and a wonderful album on piano-jazz

Iver

5 Likes

Hi @Ian tried the Enrico Rava album that you recommended. Very nice! Thanks for bringing to our attention
Iver

1 Like

Playing this one every few months. Keeps impressing. Beautifully recorded as well on ECM label
Iver

4 Likes

I shall never listen to them but they apparently show the turbulence and stylistic unhappiness in his work at that time.
After these recordings he came home and took to the bridge.

4 Likes

More from the forgotten world.
Another from the Harry Lim Famous Door label…
Cal Collins has a good country twang to his tone. He started in C&W.
He had a longish history working for Carl Jefferson at Concord.
Of Carmen Leggio I know little,you can hear a Rollins influence but John Bunch is one of my favourites.
All these productions sound fine and are on Qobuz.

Ok, JDP, but how about this?

But is it rap - or jazz?

Or this?

This?

Sound good on da Naim…

1 Like

Hey - this is it!

True jazz rap.

Double bass, strings, syncopation, the lot.

Tell me you hate this!

2 Likes

If you have something to recommend to me then do so and say why it you think it’s good. I might give it a listen. If you’re just trying to bait me I’m not playing. I have better things to do with my free time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Genuinely give Son of Neckbone a spin on the NDX2.

It is from a period when that band started jamming on acoustic instruments in a jazz idiom, with a rap and punky sensibility.

1 Like

And not so seriously, there is the classic, the original, and still the best!

Innocence and sheer exuberance.

OK….after I finish enjoying this brand new arrival. Friday release day. Always a good day. Don Cherry Where is Brooklyn, Blue Note Records. This is the new reissue on Blue Note Classics, mastered by Kevin Gray. This is an excellent example of mid-60s avant-garde jazz.

5 Likes

This is a fun and funky rap.

If you feel like it, play each of these tracks until you are not enjoying each one and see if you listen to any of them right through…

Again, this one is a superbly delivered story as poem, via soundscape, probably the best rap I know of.

If this doesn’t do it…

No. If you’re just trying to get me to listen to rap, I’m really not that interested. Sorry. Maybe you should start a rap music thread. I’ve heard rap for years and it’s just annoying, IMO. :slight_smile:

1 Like