Jazz Music Thread

Some hot jazz grooves by the incredibly talented Connie Han!!

3 Likes

I have this and may I also suggest Iron Starlet by her and the Yuko Mabuchi Trio plays Miles Davis.

Am also a big fan of Tsuyoshi Yammamoto Trio - Summertime and Blues for Tee.

Tim

2 Likes

Iron Starlet is awesome! There’s a new album coming out on Mack Avenue Records later this year.

Great, I’ll keep an eye out.

Tim

I discovered this album today whilst listening to Naim Jazz Radio.

2 Likes

A consistently swinging set for AllMusic. Pleasant listening

2 Likes

Very nice. Thanks for recommending.

1 Like

She entered my life about 3am this morning and kept me up till after 4 o’clock. Qobuz wandering brought on by insomnia.
Dave McKenna wandering left hand. Doesn’t use the tinkley octaves.
Similar to Jesicca Williams and Marion McPartland.
Flip might sound strange to those who entered the jazz world later in the music’s history but he was a principal player in the 40s and 50s
Nice puff by Benny Carter.Chet thought she was pretty good as well.
The sound is clear and well captured.

Hello Clive. This is a great recording. My friends play there a lot, odd an room so engineer Kent Heckman did a fine job recording in cramped quarters.
When Keith was a young kid he used to sit on the edge of the small riser under the piano and listened to a great piano player named John Coates Jr. who was an arranger for Fred Waring’s music publishing company, his mother was Fred’s secretary.
A noted small Jazz Club in tiny Deleware Water Gap, Pa. Phil Woods et all played and jammed there often. It continues to thrive today. Enjoy!
Richard

2 Likes

@Dynaudio1 thanks for recommending Monnette Sudler. New to me. Very rhytmic; I like it
Iver

1 Like

Enjoyed this one a lot
Iver

7 Likes

First spin of an RSD purchase on vinyl. Great !

4 Likes

Flanagan- Ingham Quartet. CD 1995. Bought this years ago on a whim, I quite enjoy it and a decent version of Donald Fagen’s “Walk Between Raindrops”.

1 Like

Thank you Roon algorithm

Iver

What a nice surprise, this album
Iver

3 Likes

8 Likes

Released today…

Enjoy

Dave

6 Likes

I saw it here and I downloaded for myself,really stunning…thx.

1 Like

Hi @jazzman22 oh the Espen Erikson new album is beautiful. Played it twice; so nice

Iver

2 Likes

Brilliant (like all their albums)

Iver

4 Likes