Jazz Music Thread

But which is which?
This is my platinum task. I shall find separate recordings of each guitarist and listen. They sound a little different.

1 Like

Ah, understood, let us know if you feel you’ve cracked it, good luck :+1:

Fresh, brilliant: delicious!

2 Likes

New Lou Pomanti album. Includes some very good covers.

Wow, what an album this is !! Impressive. On ECM label
Iver

8 Likes

Also pay attention to the recording quality when you misten to this; very well done
Iver

2 Likes

@jazzman22 thanks for the Andrea Pozza recommendation. Just listened to the album; very nice !!
Iver

@IvdZ - Agreed - If you have not listened to a lot of Enrico Rava I think you will find these two well worth the effort ?!

4 Likes

I am gonna listen to thel @Ian ; thanks for the tip
Iver

New one for me. Picked up on this listening to FIP HD Jazz feed.

3 Likes

Wonderful album. First listen on Qobuz.

18 Likes

Assuming you have the new one with higher definition, is it much better as the original one in 16-44.1 ?

4 Likes

Hi @Ian I played both your Enrico Rave recommended albums. Great catch; wonderful compositions. I like the relaxed scenery set in the songs. Nice
Iver

1 Like

Totally agree - inspired playing

Very nice album
Is it me, or isn’t the recording quality not at the same level as we are used from Smoke Sessions?
Iver

1 Like

Lively bebop with some great players and Latin percussion.

1 Like

I know this doesn’t qualify me as a “Jazz Lover”, but the only jazz album I own or listen to is Kind of Blue. Every Sunday morning unless I’m traveling it’s playing.

2 Likes

I don’t think you need to be a jazz lover to like this record. Its a stand alone recording that needs no allegiance to genre. I love it but dont play it that often.It has,however, been a launchpad for loving the work of Chambers, Coltrane and Evans et al as artists in their own right.
If ever there was a “supergroup”, this was it.

2 Likes

Absolutely brilliant one by Arne Domnerus. Ther is « this something » with Scandinavian jazz that really appeals
Iver

1 Like

I love his “Jazz at the Pawnshop”, I’m really curious to listen to this one…

3 Likes