Jazz Music Thread

Thanks. I did find that one. I was asking about this one

Amazon has it.

1 Like

:+1:

Yep, on Qobuz. Use both last names of the artists in the search string, and you’ll find the album

3 Likes

Congrats and thanks Iver. Your recommendations are excellent and have helped me appreciate several artists/ albums new to me :+1:

1 Like

CD version in stereo from the superb Fontana/Decca box set.

3 Likes

Pastoral. Very forward sound.

1 Like

Classy alto from a master.

2 Likes

Very impressive
By the way, great challenge for your system on sound-imaging and-staging
Iver

3 Likes

Very cool collection of top perfomances on North Sea. A jazz-festival I unfortunately never attended. Let’s hope next year
Iver

2 Likes

Even though not the season, this « Winter Song » album by Terje Isungset is breath taking. Harps, deep (!!) basses and stunning vocals
Iver

2 Likes

Air conditioner season in NYC, and mine are pretty noisy. So the noise cancelers (Sony WH-1000 XM3) are on most of the time. This eliminated a lot of music, but for some reason Blue Note 60s jazz suffers the least. So Kenny Dorham’s Whistle Stop (AP) last night.

Thanks @Mr.M, enjoying this one thanks to Qobuz. Interested in @frenchrooster’s thoughts on this one too, not because of the French involvement, but more whether it tickles his 70’s jazz and fusion predilections?

I stumbled across them on YouTube a while ago, worth watching some of their live performances too, impressive skills for those so young at their trade.

I am a regular visitor, unfortunately had to miss out this year, due to my broken leg…… I can’t recommend this festival enough. It’s an orgasm of music which anybody in this forum would enjoy.

2 Likes

I’ll put it on my list. In the past they had « Jazz in Duke Town » in ‘s Hertogenbosch as well but not sure if it exists anymore @BertBird

Cheers
Iver

Tried this one several times but it is « not my thing ». I feel it is somehow a too complex style that just doesn’t suite my preference. Inknow Hubbart has a lot if fans who probably do like this album

Iver

2 Likes

They have end of October, beginning of May period the so what is next festival in Eindhoven, is also enjoyable….

1 Like

This is a jewel; strong contra-bass and vibrafone performances
Very well recorded as well
Iver

3 Likes