Jazz Music Thread

One of his very, very best albums. Recommended
Iver

5 Likes

My personal fovarite of the month: Vega Trails …. Heart it today in a webcast by Alpha Audio on amps below 2500k (see here: Live Multitest Integrated Amplifiers - 2500 euro - YouTube ). Superb arrangements and tracks (check track 2) ; what a jewel

Iver

1 Like

https://vegatrails.com/
Cool storytheir project; both artists have vey inter’sting backgrounds
Iver

One of artists oin Vega Trails (see previous post) plays in this band. Complex jazz but beautiful

Iver

2 Likes

Portico Quartet are one of my favourite bands - have been for years and this Vega Trails side project by Milo Fitzpatrick is superb.

Went to see Vega Trails a few nights ago in concert - it did not disappoint - splendid playing.

I also saw Portico Quartet do Terrain extended a few months ago - again outstanding

3 Likes

@Lontano brilliant; love their music

Shifting Sands my fave…old school sounds

Thank you for all you wonderful members who’ve introduced me to the following albums that make my humble Naim/Chord/B&W system sound truly amazing

8 Likes

Jazz played by men who had been through the mill of life.
Lock swaggering through Secret Love. An unparalleled joy.
McCurdy brings a nice bopish feel to the faster dispatches.
Organist Art Hillary enjoys his spot in the limelight.

Cover photo pinched from Discogs. On Qobuz.

That was disappointing. A great man.
I have never been to a dinner party but perhaps it’s what a jazzy host might play in the background.

1 Like

Yeah, I played it again @Nick1940 but Rufus doesn’t do it for me
Iver

Full dynamic frequency SPECTRUM. Hmmmm the cheered up version on Qobuz sounds the better.
The two masters aquit themselves as you might expect.
Flanagan always plopping in delicious chords.
Burrell I always feel a little anodyne.
The real joy is Eddie Jones, who at this stage was driving the Basie band and seems to be trying to overpower Connie Kay’s rather rigid time keeping. Once released from MJQ Kay seemed able to loosen up a little.

My last encouragement to listen. It’s all to old and boring they said.

5 Likes

Combination of jazz, ambient and electronic, but this just a very good album: Kasper Bjørke Quartet - Mother

Try it and enjoy
Iver

2 Likes

Sound very good

Says who?

Just released
Highly enjoyable

Iver

5 Likes

Also this one was released in theclast couple if days
Piano jazz
Iver

1 Like

5 Likes

Yes, as is his previous album, Variations in Blue, with Walter Smith III.

1 Like

Interesting solo album with a rich sound.

2 Likes